Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britster Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Addicted to diet pills
    Ive always been the girl who has been concerened with her weight... I was really skinny in the 9th grade and then when I got with my boyfriend I got comfertable. So comfy that my weight shot up to about 160 pounds this made me a very inscure person and my boyfriend and his mom always knew that.. well one day I was at my boyfriends house and his mom introduces me to these diet pills she had been taking for like ever. She said there pretty hardcore and you have to get them from a doctor. So I said sure I will try them ( keep in mind I have tried every diet pill out there) so I'm on them for about 2 weeks I already see a difference and I had crazy energy I was pretty much loving life... I took them for about 3 months straight and lost about 38 pounds then she told me to stop for a bit so I did and I got extremely depressed... I had horrible mood swings etc... this lasted for almost a month and then I got back on the pills. By the way I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it but the pill is phetermine. Im on the pills as I write this and I've been on them for about 2 months now. I have about 6 days left and everyone knows I have a problem and I do to but when the 6 days is up I've made a plan to get another month without telling anyone. I wish I didn't but in my mind I convinced myself I cannot live without them. I'm really skinny now. I love it but everyone thinks I'm to skinny.

I need help really bad and I don't know where to start.. I feel like my health is not doing good and I'm only 19 years old. If someone can please help me with tips or anything before my 6 days is up and I'm back at the doctor I would really appreciate it. And the doctor is "dirty" so no matter how much I weigh I can always get my hands on them.
    :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Ok, go to a new doctor, tell them of your addiction problem and also start mental health counseling to help get your mind back into reality of your real weight and looks.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 03:09 PM
    It seems your association with your boyfriend and his mother has been very unhealthy for you... there are no easy ways out of problems.

Go to a reputable physician tell your story and ask for a referral to a good therapist. Straighten yourself our while you are young! You are already on the road to disaster.

Best wishes to you in 2008
    lilliegrace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Okay, I know how you feel. I am taking Phetermine... I'm only 14. My mom gets them because her doctor gives them to her and she gives me full access to the bottle. They make you feel amazing. I actually just googled"am I addicted to diet pills." When I stopped taking them I got depressed as well. They made the day so much better! I didn't know what to do without them. I lost 15 pounds in like a month.
    Cordoba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Getting independent Professional guidance is a 'must do, as soon as possible". Your health and more depend on it. Call 877-589-4754 after 9 AM tomorrow to get help with drug or alcohol challenges. Good luck. Also: you can beat your challenges... if you decide to. Don't quit. You can do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted to sleeping pills [ 9 Answers ]

Almost 5 years ago, a doctor perscribed stilnox for me to help with sleeping since I had depression and couldn't sleep. Gradually, I started taking more and more of the pills to fall asleep.. and afterwards, I started taking them during the day because I believed they made me feel better, or at...

Diet Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I had my beautifull daughter about 10 months ago and I work out everyday and diet as well... I've tried everything so I was thinking about using a diet pill any suggestions??

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

Diet pills [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 26 And Weigh About 163 And I'm 5'6. I Working Toward Losing 20 Pounds. So Does Any One Know Of A Diet Supplement That May Be Helpful That Really Works. I Also Watch What I Eat And Exercise.

Diet pills [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loose some weight. I was two sides smiler than I am rigth now. I am not overweight really but ia want to have my body like it was before. I would like to try with diet pills, but I am scared of side effects. I just wondering if just taking those pills for a while,...

View more questions Search