Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soonerjoey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Can I be sued for child support if I never knew?
    I live in Oklahoma and a 20 year old girl just came to me and said she is my daughter. She says she doenst want anything from me but to meet me. She also wants me to do a DNA test. Can I be sued for back support on a child I didn't know about? Can I be forced to do the DNA test? Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
    She can not do anything, her mother may or may not be able to take you to court for back support, ( depending on where you live) also if they are in college and under specific ages, they could get current support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 18 yr old sue for child support if the father never knew he existed [ 19 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old sue for child support if the father never knew he even existed. The father was contacted 2 weeks after the child turned 18 and said hey I am your kid my mom never told you I existed. Can he sue his paternal father for back child support

Can I be sued for child support for a step child according to NY state law? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for a step child according to NY state law? :(

Back child support in Texas if you never knew the kid was yours? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, If a 17 year old kid shows up on your doorstep one day in Texas and says he/she is your kid and you never knew about them, are you responsible for back child support? What if the kid is 18 years old? Thanks!

Blindsided with a child we knew nothing about.questions about fathers rights [ 10 Answers ]

Good afternoon all! My husband and I were completely blindsided yesterday. We received a letter from the child support office informing us of a court date to establish child support for a child we knew nothing about! To back up a bit, my husband and I were separated for 2 years, so if he...

Sued for child support after 15 years... [ 4 Answers ]

I got divorced 13 years ago when my son was 2yrs old. We agreed on no child support/alimony (married for less than 2 yrs). She is legally the custodial parent even though we have 50/50 custody (offsetting weeks). I actually have him more than 50% of the time as she often asks me to have him here...

View more questions Search