Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasminejmo1990 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Can your cherry be popped twice?
    So, me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time. I bled a little. And it didn't really hurt, people say when you pop your cherry its like taking off a scab? I felt fine, I was just a little sore because of the "stretching" of my vagina I guess. Anyway, 2 days later.. He was fingering me and I bled a little again. Nothing hurt. And I know for a fact I didn't start my period. So if you could help me out and try to tell me what's going on, that would be great!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
    The term popping a cherry refers to losing virginity. Once there is penile insertion, virginity is gone.

Since you seem to be uneducated about sex and since this was posted in Child & Teen Health, I assume you are underage. I hope you understand that anytime there is penile insertion there is the risk of pregnancy. No one should engage in sexual intercourse if they are not prepared to have a child

Apr 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
    That didn't answer my question. But thanks I appreciate the response.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
    What bleeds is the tearing of the thin membrane called the hymen. That's the cherry. Hymens come in all sizes and thicknesses and amounts of tearing. So I suppose you could say that it's not really a meaningful question, since you can pop just from being active. Not all hymens are intact before sex.

Apr 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
    So.. he didn't fully pop it the first time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
    We don't know! It is certainly a possibility. But to determine the cause you need a gynecological exam.

Apr 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Okay, thanks for the help
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
    I'd guess...
    That you bled a little the second time because the hymen was still tender and unhealed from the first time. But again, who knows? Maybe he has sharp fingernails. You're dealing with a lot of tender tissues than can bleed. Plus, you can have spotting between periods, despite 'knowing for a fact' that you weren't getting it. You will find that periods aren't all that regular or predictable and there will be light ones, heavy ones, skipped ones, and mid month bleeding. And early ones from having sex, sometimes, sort of brings it on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
    First there is no "cherry" there is a hymen, and once he penetrated it was broken, and you can have some bleeding for even a day or two. Yes additional sex or fingering can cause bleeding since healing is not complete.

No it can not be done twice, there is only once after that you are not a virgin any longer.

Apr 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Thanks, this really helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can your cherry be popped through fingering? [ 0 Answers ]

Can your cherry be popped through fingering? & how will you know? How much blood will there be? I'm 19 (turning 20 in a month) and I am a virgin, however the guy I am seeing is 27 and has been sexually active for quite a while, I'm not ready to have sex yet but we do mess around with intercourse. I...

How do you know when your cherry has been popped? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had sex twice, first time on the 3rd which was slow and lasted about 10mins and second time on the 22nd which was really fast and hard and last 15-30mins.. It still hurts and wanted to know if that was normal? And have I popped my cherry? If I haven't popped is that why its hurting? :)

View more questions Search