Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roger23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 02:00 PM
    How long does alcohol take to leave your system?
    I have a bood test this week and have not had a drink for 5 days now will this still show in my blood and urine,also will it show in my liver ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2011, 02:06 PM

Will it show in your liver? Are you scheduled for a liver biopsy?

I would say, in general, that it will not show in your blood or urine.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2011, 02:29 PM

After 5 days alcohol will not be present in your blood or urine no matter how measured. I know of no way to test the liver for alcohol in a living being.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Jul 5, 2011, 05:17 AM
    I agree with the above, but your LFT's (Liver Function Test) may show that your liver is not functioning properly if you have been abusing alcohol for a while. If you have, 5 days is not enough time for your liver to recover. But even if your liver enzymes are high, they won't know if it is due to alcohol or something else... like too much Tylenol.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBSN View Post
    I agree with the above, but your LFT's (Liver Function Test) may show that your liver is not functioning properly if you have been abusing alcohol for a while. If you have, 5 days is not enough time for your liver to recover. But even if your liver enzymes are high, they won't know if it is due to alcohol or something else...like too much Tylenol.

Are LF tests run when a person is being tested for alcohol consumption? I thought they were useless because they don't indicate recent alcohol consumption - the purpose of the alcohol testing.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Jul 5, 2011, 05:54 AM
    "Are LF tests run when a person is being tested for alcohol consumption? I thought they were useless because they don't indicate recent alcohol consumption - the purpose of the alcohol testing."

Not usually, but since he mentioned that he was having blood work done, LFT's are often done... not to test for alcohol, but to monitor his enzyme levels if the patient is known to abuse alcohol. Blood tests are usually not done to check for recent alcohol use unless they are being done to check for the blood alcohol level for post accident, DUI cases... and even then, they are not scheduled days out.

If they are checking for recent alcohol use, I would be surprised if they don't do a UA (urinalysis)instead.
    vic212005 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
    I got drug tested about 7 am this morning an I drainked 2 beers last night finish the las one about 8:45 pm would it show in my urine test
    vic212005 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
    I got drug tested about 7 am this morning an I drainked 2 beers last night finish the las one about 8:45 pm would it show in my urine test
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vic212005 View Post
    I got drug tested about 7 am this morning an i drainked 2 beers last night finish the las one about 8:45 pm would it show in my urine test
    The alcohol content from two beers should be completely eliminated in under 4 hours.
    russianrob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBSN View Post
    "Are LF tests run when a person is being tested for alcohol consumption? I thought they were useless because they don't indicate recent alcohol consumption - the purpose of the alcohol testing."

Not usually, but since he mentioned that he was having blood work done, LFT's are often done...not to test for alcohol, but to monitor his enzyme levels if the patient is known to abuse alcohol. Blood tests are usually not done to check for recent alcohol use unless they are being done to check for the blood alcohol level for post accident, DUI cases...and even then, they are not scheduled days out.

If they are checking for recent alcohol use, I would be surprised if they don't do a UA (urinalysis)instead.
    I often have Live Function tests that are not in line with the base testing. I have for years and they never had looked at that as part of any probation etc.
    Underated220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
    I'm on probation I want to know if I can still drink and be clean before I take my alcohol test? Lets say its Friday and I'm going out I usually drink a fith of vodka and chase it with beers with someone else for that night. If I don't drink Sunday through Wednesday, will I be clear for a drug test I have to take on Thursday?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take for alcohol to leave your system in a urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I have a urine test on Thursday at about 8:00 pm but I basically spent all day Tuesday drinking beers and wine till about 7:00pm that's about a 48 hour window. I weigh about 265 pounds. Will the alcohol be gone for that urine test?

How long does it take alcohol to leave your system? [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take alcohol to leave your system if you weight about 190 pounds and about 6'3 ?

How long dose alcohol take to leave your urine ? [ 4 Answers ]

If I drank aprox 6 to 8 beers and 4 shots of alcohol before 8:30 one night will it be out of my urine by 7pm the next night?

View more questions Search