Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speakinfrankin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 12:19 PM
    What countries are no go for felons
    I Know that certain countries ar no go for felons and considering the USA has a new group of 20,000 new felons per day, is there a list of the no go counties? Canada, Brazil, Japan, China and Australia are the only positive ones I know of but I hear Britain?
    ToughLife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 10:30 PM
    Speakinfrankin,
    I myself am quite un- informed and currently researching exactly what you have inquired about. I cannot seem to find a "list" per se, however, a small gem I recently learned, (to supersede a long held disappointment towards Canada) was:

Foreign nationals who have been convicted of two or more summary offences either in or outside Canada will be deemed rehabilitated if

* five years have passed since the sentences were served or were to be served; and
    * they have not been convicted of any other offences at the time of their examination.
    Reference: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-189311.html

Just thought I'd share a bit of the knowledge with you. It's always going to be difficult for felons to do damn near anything, but perhaps not impossible if we look into some of the details.
    speakinfrankin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 09:59 AM
    5 years is not bad. I was thinking about driving down to Wa. From Ak. To haul my old car I built here. Ill fly from here but I'm still researching no go countries and will post a list when done. Thank you for your input!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
    For most nations, it is a matter of what felony, and to some how many years ago. Often it is a issue of contacting their immigration department about Visa requirements
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Hello s:

In my view, Western countries are probably all hooked in to the same computer network. So, whatever the US is going to know about you, so will France. But, I'll betcha Kazakhstan won't. Certainly, Mexico won't, or any other South American nation.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
    You know Ex, unless things have changed a lot in the past few years, no Europe and the US/Canada are not connected. Most of Europe is on Intropol and the US is not connected to them on most levels, ( not talking about CIA and FBI)

I know till the day I retired if we went to check records on anyone from Europe it took 2 to 3 days.
    Trishypie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Can a convicted felon who served his time on a cocaine trafficking charge over 5 years ago visit England and France? Any info would be appreciated. Someone who made a mistake and paid for it in my opinion should be forgiven.

I can't believe Canada,our northern neighbor, can be so unkind. It makes me never want to go there again.

Thanks for your help.

My dearest friend is who I'm asking for. He's changed, and I would like to see him visit 2 of my favorite countries=====England and France.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the United Kingdom allow felons from other countries to visit their country [ 0 Answers ]

Does the United Kingom allow felons from other countries to visit, live or travel inside the United Kingdom

Financial aid for felons? Is there any monies available for felons who are just being [ 2 Answers ]

Released. For things such as Tools, Housing, Clothing, Schooling etc. And where do we apply ?

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

Ex Felons visiting other countries [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a list of countries that will not allow ex felons to enter?

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

View more questions Search