Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Changler Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Okay so today I log on to Facebook and now her relationship status is in a relationship with the guy from jail... I told her she can do whatever she wants with Facebook because I was trying to be mature and not care, but I can't believe a day later she made that. It's not even his original Facebook either, she made a new one for him just to do that. I said I wasn't going to delete her but that honestly pissed me off and I don't want to get mad like that again, I just want it to be all over. Or should I just ignore it and not post anything at all and act like I don't care. I know she was doing it to get a rise out of me, because before we met she never made a fake fb for the kid, even when she wasn't talking to other guys either. Like what the heck this pissed me off...
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Changler View Post
    Okay so today I log on to facebook and now her relationship status is in a relationship with the guy from jail........ I told her she can do whatever she wants with facebook because I was trying to be mature and not care, but I can't believe a day later she made that. It's not even his original facebook either, she made a new one for him just to do that. I said I wasn't going to delete her but that honestly pissed me off and I don't want to get mad like that again, I just want it to be all over. Or should I just ignore it and not post anything at all and act like I don't care. I know she was doing it to get a rise out of me, because before we met she never made a fake fb for the kid, even when she wasn't talking to other guys either. like wtf this pissed me off....
    I hate to say I told you so. But... I told you so. Actually I really like saying that.

Block her. From everything. She will continue to do this for no other reason than it to get a rise out of you. It amuses her to make you hurt like this. Block her. Face book, e-mail, phone, everything.

What you have right now is a raw open bleeding emotional wound. She is pulling off the scab and poking at it. Pouring salt if you would. You're letting her do that.

Stop it. Block her from contacting her. If you don't do that then little things like this will continue popping up and pull you further down. Nut up and do it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Once again, stop playing her game.

Don't try to be her friend.
    Don't keep any type of contact with her.
    De-friend her on Facebook.
    Accept that this is who she is and how she acts and that you don't have to put up with it.

Stop thinking of her as a priceless diamond. By her actions, she is worth about as much as a plastic bead.

Be mature and walk away. Go to the gym. Play a game. Call your friend up to hang out. Do you have any hobbies? Any interests you could explore?

Apr 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
    All right ill block her, not like it matters since I'll never see her again, I also blocked her from my phone too. Thanks so much though, I really hope I get over her soon the cold turkey way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2012, 06:02 AM
    You will get over her but it won't be soon.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2012, 06:22 AM
    This is one of those things you just HAVE to do... there is no easy or pleasant way... but you WILL get over her, and you will come to grips and hate her for treating you like a door mat. And it won't be as easy to fall into the same trap a second time.

Apr 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
    So today was the worst day so far during this break up, I realized she was one of my best friends. Before all the drama we got along so well and hung out EVERY DAY. So now I go back into my life and usually have nothing to do. I really don't want to do anything either from being depressed. I dreamed about her last night that we were just hanging out and woke up wanting to fall back asleep. I did not delete her on fb yet though, and I constantly check hers cause I am an idiot. But, I wonder if I should have stayed friends with her? That's the one thing that is haunting my mind right now, I have lost a ton of best friends my whole life and I can't stand to lose another...
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Eventually your balls do grow back, (and even bigger and better than before)... and once you get past the very necessary NO CONTACT period, you are going to feel much, much better than you did before.

Its really not unlike a drug addict or alcoholic going through detox... or giving up smoking.

Trust me in a few weeks you are going to think back and laugh at yourself... trust me, I don't think there is a person here that hasn't gone through something similar before, some more than once. Maybe the exact situation was different.. but walking away from any toxic relationship really isn't.

They all have this initial rough period... but it does get easier. You have to stick it out... and its an exercise in character building. You will be a better person after you get through it. Keep THAT in mind and it might help make it easier.

Apr 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Okay so what should I do about thinking about her when I go out to a place me and her have been before, I lived in the same town my whole life so I took her everywhere I go. Should I stop going there for a while or should I still try? I don't know the rule to getting over a break up when it comes to spots you use to go to togethor and its hard because like I said I lived in the same town my whole life, not many other places to go...
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Ever here the saying, "Time heals all wounds."? Try and change your routine for a while anyway... eventually your brain will come to terms with reality and its not going to bother you any more... but give it time. First stop feeling bad for yourself... she was the scumbag here that was using you... keep remembering that... she was using you... every time you think of her remember that she was using you... and trust me.. eventually you will automatically remember that and you are going to know deep down and otherwise... she played you for a sucker.

There is no one "Rule" you eventually find what works for you and you go with it. I wouldn't AVOID all places you went together... just don't spend all your time in the same places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have trouble sleeping - can wake up 8 times in the night... What's the trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have trouble with my sleep. Have passed many test, like sleep apnea and do not have sleep apnea. If not that, what's wrong with me?

Ex Girlfriend Trouble. Should I Let Go? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry if this is somewhat long... Me and my ex girlfriend dated for almost 2 years. We are now 21 years old and go to the same college. We lived together for one of those years and had regularly talked about getting married after graduation. Everything was perfect in our relationship and we...

Girlfriend trouble [ 7 Answers ]

Help! I've been seeing her for 7 months now, and I'm in love with her, and I've had enough of her. We normally argue at night on msn, and talk normally and nice face-to-face, and I don't know if I should finish with her, or something. Help please?

Girlfriend trouble with my ex. [ 4 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend, she's a bit strange, she thinks were on like a break or something. And she just so happened to bump into my girlfriend at the mall and they got to be friends and stuff. Any way tonight they all had a drink up at my exs and my girlfriend was there, and now I've found out that my...

Trouble with my Girlfriend [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, Im having a bit of bother with my girlfriend and don't know what to do, here is the info. Right I live in Newcastle upon tyne and she does to and we see each other everyday and she spends almost every night at my place and we have been seeing each other for 1 year on Saturday 14th July. ...

View more questions Search