Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbird11 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
    72 hours to pass EtG
    I drank 5 vodka martinis over 4.5 hours. I have an ETG almost exactly 72 hours since my last drink. I have normal metabolism, ate normally, and drank an adequate amount of water. It is a 500ng cutoff. What are my chances of passing and yes I will report back with results. Thank you!
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Apr 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
    If you knew you had a test coming up, why did you drink and risk failing. I don't know the answer to your question but if you go over the 500ng, it is only your fault.

Apr 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
    I'm taking the test voluntarily. The testing center closes exactly 72 hours from my last drink. I could take it the next morning but I'm trying to go out of town early that morning. I simply wanted an answer to my question.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird11 View Post
    I drank 5 vodka martinis over 4.5 hours. I have an ETG almost exactly 72 hours since my last drink. I have normal metabolism, ate normally, and drank an adequate amount of water. It is a 500ng cutoff. What are my chances of passing and yes I will report back with results. Thank you!
    You should be clear of EtG at that time based on 5 standard drinks (US). However, it's difficult to predict the alcohol content of a martini. Could be more, could be less. A standard drink contains 13.7 g, 06 oz of pure alcohol (EtOH).

There is one and only one reliable constant in EtG testing... time. The greater the amount of time between last drink and the test the less the potential for detection.

That being said, accepting the assumption of 5 drinks you should be clear at 72 hours. There is no research record of EtG positive at that level of consumption/time span.

EtG is a very unreliable test. Why did you voluntarily submit to that test?

If you will provide your age, height, weight and gender I'll be happy check against g/kg and might come a little closer.

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and remains in effect as of date of this posting. Copy available here > US DHHS Advisory

Apr 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
    I'm on probation and they transferred my probation with only three months left. I am not on random ETGs. The day of my first interview with new PO she told me I should take an ETG to get a baseline for the file although I've never taken one through the time of my probation thus far. I said I would but explained that I was leaving on a trip. She said just take it when you return. I'll be returning tomorrow Thursday so tomorrow night would be 72 hours. It's not a big deal if I take it Friday morn so maybe I'll hold off. Thanks a million Doc. I'll report back with the results. I understand the test is unreliable. PO told me if it was clean I wouldn't have to take another throughout the remainder. Now I'm wondering if I should trust her, although no court order exists for random ETGs or drug testing.

Apr 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
    I am 5'10", 190 muscular build normal body fat. I do drink about the same amount per day if that help with alcohol metabolism. Male.

Apr 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Oh and I'm 46
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Based on the additional information, your total consumption would have been about .79g per kg of body weight (86).

There are two studies, noted below, that address that approximate range. Both indicate an EtG clearance time of under 48 hours. Please note that the combined subjects numbered only 20. Nonetheless, provides a distant vision of detection window.

Notwithstanding, given that you can choose would still recommend waiting as long as possible. Time is your only friend with this test.

I believe you will be OK but please note, when you report your findings, the time involved.
    Ref.

Halter, 2008
    Wojcik & Hawthorne, 2007

Apr 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Thank you Doc! I look forward to reporting.
    nsar61104 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Hi did u pass
    rebelwithatie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
    If it helps anybody in a tight spot due to a mistake they made drinking while being monitored (like me), remember that I drank 8 beers on a Saturday night, starting about 5pm and stopping around 2am,(I also had a shot of rum at 2am) and submitted a urine sample for EtG Tuesday at 3:30pm. I did NOT attempt to dilute the sample by drinking lots of fluids. I figured I would just confess if it came back positive. It was NEGATIVE wooo hooo!! The total time was about 60 hours immediately after my last drink. I'm male, 185 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal j/k, 42 y/o.

For the record, it's much simpler to NOT to drink at all and much less stress
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 10, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Taking into account that everyone's metabolism is different all you've provided is anecdotal evidence of one time you got away with drinking while being monitored. If you're being monitored, doesn't that imply that you shouldn't be drinking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass EtG test after 59 hours? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 6ft 3in 230 lbs I been drinking water for the last 3 hours my test is tomorrow by 11am... I drank last on Monday at 3am I have also been taking creatine and a detox pill I plan waking up early and running and sweatting allot will this be enough to pass

Pass EtG in 75 hours [ 13 Answers ]

25 yr old female weighing 150 lbs. Drank 12 beers 75 hrs ago. Will I pass? Also taking test in the morning.

Will I be able to pass EtG in 63 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

I am 23 year old male in good health. I weight around 145 and 6'0 ft tall. I had around eight shots of vodka and 1 four loko which is 24oz and 12% alcohol. I have a very very fast metabolism what are my chances of passing and EtG test in around 63 hours? I consumed the beverages in about a 5 hour...

About 85 hours since last drink... will I pass an EtG? [ 1 Answers ]

I drank about 8 beers on Friday night. And stopped drinking around 12am.. I have to get tested today (Tuesday) at around 5pm. I did the math and it has been about 85 to 88 hours since my last drink. Before this a haven't had a drink in over 2 months. What are my chances of passing an EtG test?

View more questions Search