Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spilmann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Series 1953 Five Dollar Bill - Red Ink B under year
    I have a 1953 Five DOllar Bill. The bill is crisp and has a small piece missing from the upper right hand corner. The Ink is RED on the seal and serial # is C37401468A. Series 1953 B is listed on the right side near the Secretary of the Treasury signature. There is a Q 42 listed in the bottom left corner before the 5 with circle.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 02:55 AM

Hi, spilmann!

Do you mean that the currency that you have is Crisp Uncirculated? That would be a graded condition.

What is below, is quoted from the following site.

1.9) How do you grade the condition of paper money?

Crisp Uncirculated, UNC or CU: This means absolutely not the
    Slightest sign of any handling or wear or folding or *anything*.
    Some people use additional grades to distinguish qualities such
    As perfect centering or other printing characteristics. Certainly
    A note which has centering problems which are visible from a
    Distance of 1 meter (3 feet) should have this mentioned in the
    Condition description.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 11:09 PM
    spellmann- I need to know a few things before I can give you the true values:: #1- look on thetop center and see what type note this is {example silver certificate <a legal tender note<ect::?? Is it a large or small note < does it have a star before or after the serial number?? Waiting your reply have a good day and god bless ::f.b.e.
    spilmann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:34 PM
    The bill has "United States Note" in small letters at the top of the bill. There is no stars before or after the serial #(C 37401468A). The Serial # is written in red ink and the Seal is on the right side of the bill in Red Ink (Over the word FIVE). When I wrote it was crisp, I meant that the bill is in good shape and is like a new $5.00 bill. Thanks for your help!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 08:51 PM

spillmann - the paper currency that you haveis a 1953b-$5.00 noteit is a united states note_ red serial numbers and red seal:(no red star before or after serial numbers: signatures are { smith and dillon} the values on this note are as follows<out of 2009 book
    abp good very fine unc *unc
    $6.00 $9,00 $ 14.00 $45.00 $200.00
    for a star note the other grades are higher valuesgood luck and i hope i have hrlped you <if i have please hit the orange below and "RATE MY ANSWER"
    have a good day and god bless:f.b.e.
    noelle1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
    I Have a 5 dollar bill in crisp condition nothing wrong with it at all, It has a red seal as well as 2 stars on the bill and says united states notes and is a series c. could you tell me the vaule of this 5 dollar bill? Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1953 A Five Dollar Silver Certificate Bill [ 3 Answers ]

I recently saw a question posed on this site regarding silver certificate $5 bills. I can't remember the name but a gal asked various questions about someone else's bill. Mine has no letters after the date, no stars in ser no and the signatures are Ivy Belter Priest and Guc... berry(?). It is in...

1953 two dollar bill, worth? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1953 two dollar bill in very goo condition. The bill is still very crisp. What is it worth? Thanks

Need to Know About 1953 Five Dollar Bill [ 6 Answers ]

That's funny, I came across this site because I googled a five dollar bill that sounds just like Angelos, except like the guy above me, mine says the Sec of Treasury is C. Douglas Dillion and the Treasurer is Elizabeth Rudel Smith. There are no stars on my serial number. It is a 1953 B series. ...

1953 $2 dollar bill [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a 1953 $2 dollar bill. It is an A series in red letter and numbers. Signed by Priest and Anderson. A 50633688 A. If anyone could tell me how much it is worth I would really be thankful. :) :confused:

1953 Dollar Bill [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1935 one dollar bill that doesn't even have In GOD We Trust on it, What is it worth today?

View more questions Search