Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Now I must backtrack and address my post in this thread.
    My apologies if either poster who have had this happen was offended.
    I certainly don't know why this would happen, sometimes strange things just happen.
    I simply, was entertained by the mental image of a group of cats rolling someone for their money.
    And what could have been going through their little cat brains.
    And, well, it just tickled me.
    I surely didn't mean to demean anyone's experience, please forgive.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Now I must backtrack and address my post in this thread.
    My apologies if either poster who have had this happen was offended.
    I certainly don't know why this would happen, sometimes strange things just happen.
    I simply, was entertained by the mental image of a group of cats rolling someone for their money.
    And what could have been going through their little cat brains.
    And, well, it just tickled me.
    I surely didn't mean to demean anyones experience, please forgive.
    I can only speak for myself, and I was not at all upset by your post. In fact, I think I greenied it, or at least tried. :)

I wasn't offended by anyone in this thread, but I realized that the last poster was offended, and I simply wanted to let everyone know that her opinion is not as out there as people may think. I too have experienced weird behavior in my animals, and other animals. Things that cannot be explained.

I once had a wild deer walk up to me, let me touch it, pet it, for no reason at all. When another person approached, it bolted. I wish the deer could have told me why I was allowed to approach it.

I've also had a very close and personal encounter with a wild coyote. My husband, who was there, safely in the car, still can't believe it to this day, even though he saw the whole thing. We were at Elk island park, it's a sort of animal reserve. Seeing a coyote there is rare. Well, we were on our way out of the park, and in the middle of the road there was a coyote. We stopped, of course, but the coyote wouldn't leave. This animal could kill me, rip me apart. I knew this. But I looked at this animal and for some reason I felt the need to get out of the car and approach it. I felt so calm, safe.

So I got out, walked right up to the coyote, and reached out. I touched him on the head, we looked at each other. For around 5 minutes we just sat there looking at each other. It was so peaceful. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. Then I shooed him off and we went on our way.

My husband thought I was nuts, and I have to say, I don't normally go out of my way to approach wild animals, especially ones that could kill me, but I just felt safe. I had this sense that he wouldn't hurt me.

Animals are amazing. I think most of us agree with that. I truly believe that they know a lot more than we give them credit for. That they see more than we could ever hope to see, because we've been told our whole lives that we shouldn't. They haven't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 06:13 PM
    We were hunting one day, my son ( who is 34 now) was about 8 or 9 and was hiding being a tree watching a clearing, I was further down watching a pass. Of course early morning, he falls asleep, I watch a fox come up to him, get the bill of his baseball cap and run off with it.
    I still have visions of this fox wearing that cap.

But cats have a long myth or legend of predicting death, They may sit by the bed side of a elderly person who is gong to die soon and not want to leave.
    Pets Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    We were hunting one day, my son ( who is 34 now) was about 8 or 9 and was hiding being a tree watching a clearing, I was further down watching a pass. Of course early morning, he falls asleep, i watch a fox come up to him, get the bill of his baseball cap and run off with it.
    I still have visions of this fox wearing that cap.

But cats have a long myth or legend of predicting death, They may sit by the bed side of a elderly person who is gong to die soon and not want to leave.
    There's a show on TV called Animal miracles. It's about animals that have done miraculous or strange things.

On one show there was a cat in an old age home. The staff reported that the cat would go room to room, get petted, loved, and then would go on it's way, sleep in its bed in the reception area. Rarely would the cat ever sleep with one of the residents in the home. But... and this is a big but... every time the cat slept with one of the residents, that resident died the next day. It was as if the cat knew who would die, and when, and slept with that person for their final night.

After this happened a few times the staff came to realize that the cat could predict who was going to die. The cat has a clean record. Every single person (at this point dozens) that he's slept with through the night, has not survived to see the morning.

Animals know things. I'm sure of it.
    gijane2cool Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 03:22 PM
    I want to thank everyone for your comments I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one that has had some
    Experance like this. I do believe it to
    Be around death, long story so won't get into it, I love cats and love them even more now! :0) so thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Animals know things. I'm sure of it.

When my husband died our GSD howled - from many miles away, within 10 minutes of his passing. My neighbors all heard her. Some of them say they knew why she was howling because it went on and she sounded like a wolf.

She is not a dog that howls. I believe she somehow knew.

I hope he heard her.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    When my husband died our GSD howled - from many miles away, within 10 minutes of his passing. My neighbors all heard her. Some of them say they knew why she was howling because it went on and she sounded like a wolf.

She is not a dog that howls. I believe she somehow knew.

I hope he heard her.
    I'm sure he did Judy. I'm very sure he did.

This story is bringing tears to my eyes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find the area of the inner circle and the area of the large outer circle ? [ 3 Answers ]

Joe's centrepiece is a simple but very effective use of two circles and Two regular hexagons rotated to give the effect of a medieval dial. The Radius of the inner circle is 10 cm, half the length of the sides of the Regular hexagon. AC is a side of one of the hexagons and BD is a side Of the...

How do I write the standard form equation of the circle -6y= -x^2-16x-y^2-72 [ 3 Answers ]

Please show the work so I can understand

Write standard form of the equation of a circle [ 2 Answers ]

How would I write the standard equation of a cirlce given the center is (4,1), radius=2 :confused:

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search