Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitzspig1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Duality- Man Woman
    Hi I bought this painting at an auction for cheap! I would like to know more about the artist but it is hard to make out signature as it is very stylized. The painting is dated 1975 and the signature is Mendij or Mendtj the Mend is for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images

mudpeye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 04:28 AM
    You have the name right check live autioneers on line sold 2 at aution or punch up name on Google
    Irenebaechler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Hi, Mendij was a very good friend of mine. He died in 2000. He lived for something like 15 years in Colgne Germany and also died there. He has a daughter called Seana who is also a great artist. I think she is now living in the USA. I have several of his paintings in my house. He was such a great artist with an amaizing painting technic and creativity in his paintings. My family and I met him in Los Angeles California in 1977. His paintings are in many big mansions of rich people in California. He was a personal friend of Precila Presley, the wife of Elvis Presley. Elvis has also baught a painting from him and had it on the wall in one of his houses. The Atelier, where he worked in Los Angeles was in the Sherwood Drive in Hollywood. The Guggenheim Art Museum in New York had also baught paintings from him. His children have still a website of his work online, but I think they know very little of his past in California. They grew up in Cologne. He was one of the pioneers of paragliding. Once he fell from the sky with his kite on the rooftop of a house. He only broke his arm. He often was paragiding at the Yuseoity national park in California. Mendij paintet his kite with motives and patterns. They were so beautiful and absolutely unique. One of the kites was baught by the Guggenheim Art Museum in New York. Also in Cologne were many collectors of his work. He developed a special technic with charkcol he specificly carved and then painted pictures by moving them in patterns. I never saw that ever before and after. If you want to contact me for further questions e.mail me: [email protected]
    Greetings, Ilia Haag
    nikko_faber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 04:01 AM
    Hi to anyone interested or know of Mendij's work. I'm was doing some random searches for him and his work, specifically one of his pieces he did in 1974... my mother was his model for a lot of his works while during the late 60's and early 70's. My family had a few of his paintings and sculptures but many were lost or sold over time. The specific work I'm looking for was a sketched portrate of a girl in her early 20's with very short hair. I saw the picture a few years ago in the living room of some people who make cages and raise parrots in Los Angeles... In recognized the style as Mendij's work but I didn't know it was of my mom until I described it to her recently and she told me. Please email me if you know anything! Thanks!
    nikko faber
    [email protected]
    Patti Snyder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 08:46 AM
    knew Mendij in the late 60's in Los Angeles. I would be interested in learning what happened to him....Best,
    Patti

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a man or a woman? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I think I have a problem but to be honest I'm not even sure it should be something to be worried about! I think I'm turning into a man! I am a 20 year old female student from the UK. I am straight and I have lots of friends of both sexes from all corners of the earth. I am not...

Solving minmum problems using the duality principle [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everything. I actually have 2 homework problems. I have already attempted, but I want to make sure it is the correct answer. Right now, I am in college and taking finite mathematics. First question: A dietitian is attempting to prepare a meal from three foods, I, II, and III. Each...

The next woman. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Directed to this site by Google, random browsing as one may do when completely directionless, it seems helpful. I don't want to bore you with details but basically, my girlfriend dumped me sometime last month. I couldn't even keep up with days when it happened. She would tell me that we...

Am I a Man or a Woman? [ 49 Answers ]

I am a thirty something mother of two, but have always had manly tendencies in a bad way. For instance, I would stick a couple of tube socks in my pants, which illustrated my penis and testes, and act on making love to a woman to the point of orgasm, but make like I ejaculated. I enjoy the...

Can you get a woman into you. [ 3 Answers ]

If a woman is not into you, is there a way to win her over? Or is it better to fact the fact that she is not into you and walk away, emotionaly so to speak. I read that apearing like an Alpha Male or behaving in a different way is the way to do this. But I am not sure if this is just...

View more questions Search