Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chrystina0227 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 02:26 AM
    No income, but have child
    I had no income last year but I do have a qualifing child... can I file a tax return?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 29, 2012, 03:32 AM
    Were you totally supported by another person, with no benefits paid to you, absolutely nothing?
    Generally the person supporting the child claims him.

Mar 29, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Im 20, live with friends, have no bills, no income, the stuff I do need I get from my parent & Im in school... So can I file?
    current pert

Mar 29, 2012, 02:49 PM
    The IRS is going to want to know why you report no income and who else might be claiming you - I suspect that your parents are, while you are in school and they are sending you money. You say you have no income but you do - from your parents. That's income. Do you even know if your parents are claiming you or not?

Mar 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
    No one can claim me... how can I find out for sure if I can file?
    current pert

Mar 29, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Your parents can claim you, if you are 20 and in school.
    File without even checking with your parents and without claiming any income.
    It isn't my problem.

Mar 29, 2012, 04:29 PM
    My parents are the ones who told me to try and find out if I can do it... No its not your problem, so don't answer next time! Im looking for help, an answer to my question, thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file taxes with no income and a child? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a student who has a child to which I live off help from family and school grants and loans can I file still?

401k as income for child support [ 14 Answers ]

I reside in Michigan, my husband and I divorced 6 years ago, since then he has taken me to court a surplus of times to try to ruin me with lawyer fees. I was awarded 50% of the 401k in the settlement. Since then I have had to withdrawl fund to live off and pay all the fees associated with the...

Can I take my child out as a Dependent on my Income Tax [ 2 Answers ]

My son pays child support for his daughter & has her on his health benefits at work. Her mother has primary physical custody & they share legal custody of the baby, but he does have her 2x a week. Can my son take her out as a dependent on his income tax, since he pays a extremely high amount of...

Can I carry child on income tax? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my Ex-husband have joint legal custody of 2 minor children. I am asking to carry 1 of the children on my income tax and I am willing to let him carry the other child. I was told that by law I can carry 1 if I have them enrolled in school, but he is not willing to do this. I buy everything...

What income is considered for FL child support [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé pays child support in Florida. Will my income and property be included when determining how much child support he pays once we get married?

View more questions Search