Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandahm28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 04:06 AM
    I want to sign over parental rights to my daughter?
    I am trying to find out how to sign over rights to my daughter because I don't get to see her often. There is always drama when I do. She's 10 yrs old and I don't want to have to deal with the family any longer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
    I would suggest you read this first:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

There is a myth that a parent can just sign over their rights, but its only a myth. If you don't want to deal with the family you don't have to. But you will still be required to pay child support.

If you have any further questions after reading the linked info, please feel free to ask.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Sorry you do not care for your child enough to fight for her. Giving up seems so easy.

You can not just give up your rights, it does not work that way. You can of course file for visitation in court, take her back for contempt if she does not allow you to see the child.
    Set up a place to exchange the child, like police station or fire house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I sign my parental rights away [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sign my parental rights away to the mother of my child. She won't let me see him she live in TN and I live in AZ I'm not on the birth certificate. She won't let me see him. I just want to sign my rights away how do I go about that do I still have to pay child support?

Trying to have my ex sign over his parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying for some time now to get my ex to sign over his parental rights. He never sees my son, we have been in and out of court for child support until recently he quit his job to get a job under the table. He owes a couple thousand dollars in child support arrears and I told his fiancé...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

He wants to sign over my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

Before my husband and I met he dated this girl who told him she was on birth control and everything else. Well she got pregnant and he left for Iraq, he tried to be a part of the babies life then but she told him it wasn't his and she wanted nothing to do with him. He got out of the military and...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search