Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erika1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
    Do you have to pay child support if you are on welfare?
    I am on welfare and was taking to court for child support for my two sons and was told by the judge to pay 25$ a month and I just had a baby and the baby and my boyfriend will be added to my case can I be forced to pay that out of my cash assistance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
    No you can choose to go to jail for non payment if you prefer. I am sorry 25 dollars is most likely the state min and if and when you start earning any more money, you will have to pay more. Time to look at your budget, perhaps no internet, no cable TV, or something to pay for your child.
    Kriss0410 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
    I am on welfare right now for my daughter and I collect the cash and the medical now if I ask just to get taking off the cash but stay with the insurance will her father still have to pay child support?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
    He will still have to pay at least until the state is reimbursed for the amount it paid you in "welfare". I expect that he will also have to pay the amount the state is paying in insurance premiums.

But his continuing CS obligation doesn't end until a judge or agency says it will end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I am on welfare and cut off child support orders do I have to pay back? [ 1 Answers ]

If I am on welfare and the father pays child support and wants me to take off the order do I have to pay child support services back?

Welfare and child support in Florida [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Tampa Florida and I being robbed by child support and taxes which leaves me with nothing but gas money and food exspens. How do I go about dropping my child support or at least fighting the government and ask them to fix it for hard working people like myself because I'm just tired of...

Why don't welfare receiptiants have to pay child support? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex- wife left me and our 3 children for another man. I filed for child support over three years ago and still have not received a dime. She is over $15,000.00 in the rears. The reason is that she had gotten pregnant and had twins and now she is now on welfare. NJ Probation told me that they...

Child support/welfare [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, my fiancé has a child support order, when he was with his sons mother she was receiving welfare without his knowledge while he was working and supporting her and his son. Eventually she took him for child support after they broke up and got a court order. Now he owes so much back support to...

View more questions Search