Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukskiwlker Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Horror TV series in the late 50's or 60's.
    Looking for the title of a TV program in the late 50's or early 60's. It was a horror series similar to the Twilight Zone - a new story every week and a narrator, maybe, at the beginning. The episode I'm interested in involved a scarry, large, life size portrait of an old man or woman in an old Gothic mansion with perhaps a winding staircase. From what I recall, the portrait changed either with the passage of time or as a result of something that happened in the house. There may have been blood dripping from the mouth of the subject in the painting.

This is the most information I can recall. I was only 7 or 8.

What's the name of that TV show?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Was Boris Karloff in it?

Starring Boris Karloff at TV.com

Sep 7, 2009, 01:16 PM

He may have been the host, but I have'nt been able to find an episode in his series that is consistent with the description I've provided.
    cxtoph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 09:07 PM

Was it "Night Gallery"?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 10:12 PM

Outer limits?

Sep 8, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Night Gallery came on in the late 60's and early 70's. The program I'm interested in came on in the late 50's or early 60's.

When was Outer Limits on TV?

Sep 8, 2009, 05:52 PM

I think it was a Boris Karloff rerun. Thanks everyone, particularly Catsmine, for your interest and assistance.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 02:19 PM

I read your post the other day, I know I had seen a show that sounded very similar when I was little, I really think you should look up Night Gallery, "The Cemetary" episode, it sounds like a perfect match...

Sep 11, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    I read your post the other day, I know I had seen a show that sounded very similar when I was little, I really think you should look up Night Gallery, "The Cemetary" episode, it sounds like a perfect match....
    Thanks a lot. I'll check into that.
    poorbabi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 12:13 PM

There was a horror show when I was young called Shock. I remember it ebcause it scared me so bad when my parents would watch it. It was in the 50's or early 60's

Oct 11, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poorbabi View Post
    There was a horror show when I was young called Shock. I remember it ebcause it scared me so bad when my parents would watch it. It was in the 50's or early 60's
    I'll Google that title and see whether I can confirm that that was the TV program. Thanks.
    wBend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Might have been an episode of "One Step Beyond"
    loaded4beer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Sorry but none of these answers are true, I too am looking for the same answer and search, I keep coming up with "CHILLER" but I'm not sure if that is right?
    rbrown57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Has anyone heard of the show called Weird Theater back in the late 60's or early 70's and it came on at midnight I think.
    lkslks21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
    There was a show that came on around 11:00 p.m. or so when I was a kid and it would scare me and my Mom would have to come get me and walk me to my bedroom! The show was called "Weird" and I remember one episode where a couple got stranded and walked into a cave where a GIANT spider lived and it freaked me out!! LOL
    normsomers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
    A show called "One step betond" had an episode where a man killed his wife and hid the body where no one could find it. The next day a spot appears on a blank part of a wall. Each day the spot gets bigger (the maid can't seem to clean it off). The husband (and viewers of the program) can clearly see it's a slow growing picture of his wife's face with his hands chokeing her. Of course no one in the series see's what he does... it was very creepy looking to me as a child. I still can vividly see the final full spot and I remember at that point in the plot the husband cofessing to the murder... very derivative of the "Tell tail heart" but it really creeped me out. Wikopedia has a list of episodes for the show if your interested in searching for it.
    traveler25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 04:27 PM
    It was either One Step Beyond or Tales of Tomorrow.
    traveler25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 04:27 PM
    It was either One step Beyond or Tales of Tomorrow.
    Sadiedog524 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
    The show was called Thriller, and Boris Karloff opened each episode. It ran from 1960 - 1962.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 30, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiedog524 View Post
    The show was called Thriller, and Boris Karloff opened each episode. It ran from 1960 - 1962.
    You may be right. I hope lukskiwlkr is still around to see your answer. Did you notice he asked the question 5 years ago?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 50's early 60's movie about uss nereus [ 8 Answers ]

There was a movie on t.v. in the late 50's or early 60's about the navy ship USS Nereus. She was a submarine tender. The movie was something about firing a missile off the ship, as well as other aspects of life on the Nereus. Can anyone help?

Late 50's early 60's TV movie [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's I watched a "scary" TV movie with my older sister. All I remember about it was there were two frightened nurses alone in a house with a invalid they were caring for and a murder was on the loose. A basement window was found opened and in the end the larger of...

Songs from 50's and 60's [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I had a question or two. My dad was born in 1949 and we are throwing a big birthday bash for his 60th next week. Well, I was thinking I'd make him some 'party music' per say. I wanted to burn some cd's of his favorite songs. Thing is, it's a surprise party so I can't just call him up and ask...

Late 50's or early 60's TV movie [ 2 Answers ]

I can remember watching this movie around easter time, I'm not sure if this the exact title but it's as close as I can remember. It's miracle of marcelena. If anyone knows anything about this movie I would like to know if somehow I could get a copy

View more questions Search