Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etg_death Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
    Dr Bill, I have had 61 hours since my last drink. Will I pass the EtG I just took?
    Ok, so Doc, I have read every one of your posts and a thousand others to try to educate myself... And I still chose to drink on St.Patty's day... Saturday. I drank a pint of vodka, 1 shot of gin, and around 6 -12 ounce beers (killians Irish), ending at about 1am Sunday. I took the EtG today, Tuesday at 2:30 pm. In the days before St. Patrick's day, I drank about a pint of vodka a day. I purposely diluted myself for 3 days (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) and pissed at least 30 times yesterday (Monday)... And another 8 times today (Tuesday) before the test. I Stopped the dilution this morning at 7am and drank 1 pint of water at 10am, 1 mountain dew (containing fructose as the 2nd ingredient) at noon, and an 8oz redbull (containing creatine) one hour and 15 minutes before my test. I urinated an ounce before I started in the cup. What is the likelihood I will pass with a 500/ng cutoff? I am a 36 year old male. 190 Lbs. Don't exercise often, but did 100 pushups this morning, and last night. Also took a shower with burning hot water this morning for 10 minutes. THIS POST IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE I WILL REPORT THE RESULTS, AND IF I DON'T, I AM IN JAIL.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Hot water, push ups and nearly everything else you might think of will not improve your chances of passing. Creatine also does nothing to improve your chances. You should read this EtG Test - Widely-Used EtG Test for Alcohol UnreliableThis may be a tough nut for you to crack on your own. Is there an employee assistance program where you work?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
    You drank about 15 drinks Saturday > Sunday. Time from last drink until test was about 62 hours? You regularly drink about 8-9 drinks per day of 80 proof vodka.

By most measures you should be positive for EtG. But I suspect that you metabolize alcohol at a very high rate (based on drinking history). How long have you been drinking in those quantities?

On Saturday you stopped at 1 am Sunday. What time did you start drinking?

At the rate of 2 drinks per hour, using standard elimination rate (EER .015) you would still be metabolizing the alcohol for over 11 hours from last drink. At an accelerated rate common to chronic heavy drinkers (EER .024) you would have reached BAC=0 in about 7 hours. Your clearance time for EtG being between 51-55 hours. (Both of these figures are based on your age, gender and weight). That places you in the category of probably having EtG still present. 1, 2

1) Beck, et al 2007
    2) Helander, 2008
    KayLanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
    To it concerns,
    I am also taking random ETG testing. I was put on them for a reason, I am an alcoholic. I have had a lot of trouble with alcohol and I never learned my lesson till I got into trouble concerning a DV charge. I was put on Random ETG testing and before that I had not been in trouble for 8 years. I was even on Anabuse in the beginning. My suggestion to all of you who ask, take responsibility of what you did wrong, your not on these tests for no reason and get a clue you cannot cheat the system, just stop drinking or go to jail. Easy. I have almost had a year sober and I love it. I am too old to be getting into trouble with alcohol and I have children now and want to be here for them and teach them right and wrong. This is wrong to want to cheat the system. Just do your time and learn from your mistakes.

Mar 21, 2012, 04:54 PM
    I have been drinking a fifth of vodka every day (except when in jail) for about 12 years now. Have just recently started cutting back. I guess I am just praying for a miracle to be below 500/

Mar 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
    I have been drinking a fifth of vodka every day (except when in jail) for about 12 years now. Have just recently started cutting back. I guess I am just praying for a miracle to be below 500.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by etg_death View Post
    I have been drinking a fifth of vodka every day (except when in jail) for about 12 years now. have just recently started cutting back. I guess I am just praying for a miracle to be below 500.
    Is this the first time you have been tested? With that much alcohol in your system it seems you would be detected with even a standard UA (ie fifth a day).

What made you decide to start cutting back?

Mar 21, 2012, 07:30 PM
    I started cutting back because I want to quit completely... but it's a struggle. Saturday I started drinking at about 6pm. I have read EtG is water soluble, will the large quantity of water and enormous amount of urine I passed on Monday not increase my chances of passing?
    katie1978 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by etg_death View Post
    I started cutting back because I want to quit completely ... but its a struggle. Saturday I started drinking at about 6pm. I have read etg is water soluble, will the large quantity of water and enormous amount of urine I passed on Monday not increase my chances of passing?
    Did you pass?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass an EtG test after 60 hours from my last drink. [ 22 Answers ]

I drank a 16oz can of bud-light then a 8oz can sparks on Friday night from 10pm-12:30am (Saturday morning) I had to take the test Monday at 2pm. I am 25 year old male 120 pounds. I am in great shape and have a high metabolism. I worked all weekend, drank a bunch of red-bull and ran 5miles Saturday...

DRBill100, should I pass EtG test 84 hours after last drink? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the test at 11 am on Wednesday, and I drank 1 bottle of wine (pinot grigio, 750ml 13.5% alc) on Saturday taking my last sip around 11:30pm. I am 40 years old and 160 pounds. Should I pass the test? Is there anything I can do to better my chances? If you can please answer Dr. Bill I would...

DrBill100, can I pass an EtG test 66 hours after last drink? [ 24 Answers ]

I tested exactly 66 hours and 30 minutes after finishing my last drink. I urinated about 20 minutes prior to taking the test, in order to completely clear my bladder one last time before testing. I drank approximately 20 drinks between 11 am and 9:30 pm. Never got drunk, just maintained a...

About 85 hours since last drink... will I pass an EtG? [ 1 Answers ]

I drank about 8 beers on Friday night. And stopped drinking around 12am.. I have to get tested today (Tuesday) at around 5pm. I did the math and it has been about 85 to 88 hours since my last drink. Before this a haven't had a drink in over 2 months. What are my chances of passing an EtG test?

It'll be around 112 hours since my last drink before I take my EtG test, will I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry, I am paranoid... I know I'm not suppose to drink but I couldn't help it. Last Saturday, had around 7 shots... and 3 mix drinks... and stopped on Sunday around 2am... I have a EtG test on Thursday (tomorrow) at 6pm. I know EtG only detects 80 hours... but I just need some reassurance from you...

View more questions Search