Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindadarry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Fob system/ copy/ information
    I like to know if it's possible to get a copy of a FOB system to your apartment building.my situation is it's only me as the tenant and I believe they only give according to whom in the house hold. My companion comes to see me on a regular yes and I'm not well so I like for him to have a copy, but he's not on my lease. I will ask and explain this to my management Monday when I pick up my key. If you know if it's possible or where I can get a copy made please share. I know the reason for it is safety. I have known my companion over 10 years no stranger.
    Thank you!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
    If you are referring to a electronic key fob that gives access to the apartment or building, you have to ask the landlord for an extra. That is the only way you can get one.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
    No you can't get a duplicate copy... each one of these is manufactured with a permanent unique ID that can't be changed... and the master system has to be programmed to recognize it specifically BY the landlord or his agent.

And yes they do know Who's key is used and when.
    lindadarry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    If you are referring to a electronic key fob that gives access to the apartment or building, you have to ask the landlord for an extra. That is the only way you can get one.
    Lindadarryl
    Thank you it was helpful, it gave confirmation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a copy of my certificate for Computer Information System [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of my certificate for Computer Information System from a school that been closed.

How do I copy an electronic key fob? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a council flat of my friends and need to get a copy of the electronic fob that opens the main door to the apartment block. The council won't copy me a key as the flat is not in my name and my friend is away. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this made? Cheers

Can somebody help me how to do a copy a council fob key [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a flat and I do have just one fob key and I need a nother because mum sometime comes and stayes when I do need help in cleaning or other house work I will be very pleased if somebody can help or tell me any address where can a do a copy of this key which is fob

Fob destination and fob shipping [ 2 Answers ]

What does FOB destination and FOB Shipping stand for?

View more questions Search