Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    somewhatcrazy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
    This boy...
    So, I'm in the eighth grade, and there's this guy, and yes, this is one of those things that you always think of when you hear there's this guy. :] but he's really like a prep jock funny guy, and I'm not in his group of people. We're friends, but we don't hang out outside of school, and I really want to. The thing is, I don't know if he would. He talked about it on occasion during play preformances ( the school play) and I don't know if he was serious. We only have two classes together. I've known this kid since kindergarten, and I can't say I don't like him, because I know I do, but I don't want everyone to know. I just want to be his good friend at this point. (by the way, to anyone who reads this and answers, this is a really pathetic way to get advice, and I feel so stupid. But I appreciate help. I'm not exactly clueless, but he's different.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
    I'm having one issue with your post. You said you want to hang out with him, because you like him, but you don't want anyone else to know that you do. Why? Is it a matter of you losing popularity because he's not in your "group"?

If that's the case then let him go. Let him find someone that will accept him for who he is.

I realize that school years aren't easy. Being popular is very important to some people. To some people that's the only thing that matters, no matter what you have to do to other people in order to get to the top.

But, if you like him, really like him, want to be his friend, then who the heck cares what anyone else thinks? Do you want to be a leader, or a follower? An alpha or a sheep?

I realize that you may read this as being harsh. That's not my intention. I just want you to realize that what other people think, it really doesn't matter. Trust me, when you're out of high school, the friends that really matter will be the ones still standing beside you, and I can promise that none of them will be standing beside you because you talked to the right people, wore the right clothes, listened to the right music, or did the cool things in school. If the people you're hanging out with only care about what you are and not who you are, then they're not really your friends. This kid could be. Are you willing to throw that away for popularity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have two spirits in our house, a ten year old boy and someone else. The boy is sca [ 6 Answers ]

We have had a ten year old boy sprit in our house for many years. There is another spirit here as well. He is not so nice. He has tormented my son for many years. Apparently, the young boy is scarred of the other spirit. The boy will not speak to me. The boy lives in my sons room, so does the other...

Blue boy and red boy plates [ 1 Answers ]

I have one red boy and one blue boy plates and I want to know how much they are worth

Cartoon movie with a boy the goes through fables(tortoise and hare,boy cries wolf,etc [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out a cartoon movie(possible 80's) with a boy that goes through an adventure of fables, the boy who cried wolf, the tortoise and the hare, the ant and the grasshopper, etc.. The boy had brown hair and there was a donkey that ventured with him. Some part the wind and the sun try to...

Boy meets girl. Boy falls for her. Girl has boyfriend. Boy is lost. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all. Thanks for being here. I will try to explain my situation briefly. Hope you have the time to read and reply. I'm 23, virgin and never have kissed a girl. Been to worried about my professional life until now. Three months ago I've met a beautiful girl at university (project partner)...

View more questions Search