Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian_Skipper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 05:29 AM
    Brand new Bryant Fan not going to High Speed enough
    I have a new Bryant Evolution systems furnace, AC and Thermostat installed. It seems we have the brand new thermostat SYSTXBBUID01-D.

Our home was steam but 22 years ago converted to forced air. Old 2 stage worked well but new system can not get enough heat to second floor. I have cronologued the heat conditions and find the unit needs to go to High Speed to force air to second floor. Static pressure is well below 1" by Bryant build in system monitor. My installer can not figure out what is needed.

Generally the unit stays on low speed too long. We generally have two conditions:
    1. Raising form Night Set Back - it takes 2 hours with fan on low speed to raise temp from 19 to 23 deg C. Unit never goes to High speed with degree by degree rise from 19-23.
    2. Normal cycle of heating allows low speed fan to try and satisfy set point. Tech has adjusted time between low speed to High speed (was 10 minutes, now 5 minutes) but this made no difference. Like there thermostat did not adjust. So sometimes the thermostat does get satisfied and no air is pushed up stairs.

I would like the system to go to HS just like the old furnace did. I recongnize this may compromise energy efficiency but we need heat in our bed rooms.

Can you help with this issue? Thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Don`t know anything about a Evolution systems furnace, but in most cases with a regular furnace when you speed up the airflow to high the warm air cools off drastically by the time it gets to the room needing warmed up
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
    The evolution will default to low speed if it faults out on lack of air flow on high speed 3 times. You have a restriction in your duct work or the system can not move the cfm needed for its size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you hook up the high speed wire to the medium speed wire on blower fan [ 20 Answers ]

My blower fan has 4 wires but unit has 3 the high speed wire from blower has nowhere to go what do I do because we have very low air flow

Speed control of high ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan that is too high to get too easily to adjust the speeds. It has three speeds with a pull chain. I was told by an electrician to install a variable speed switch (something like used for a light), in place of the fan on/off switch. We have two switches for the ceiling fan, one...

Ceiling Fan will not reach high speed [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a replacement 52 inch Harbor Breezefan and I am experiencing the same problem as the last one. It appears to turn only at medium speed when on high. I have four other fans of the same type and all spin considerably faster. My son said the original turned as fast as the others and a...

Ceiling fan high speed [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled a ceiling fan from the basement. When it was down there all 3 speeds worked fine. Now that I've reinstalled it upstairs, it only runs on high speed. The are 4 wires from the fan, white black blue and green. Green is ground, blue is for the light, white neutral and black hot. 3...

View more questions Search