Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BkBluOne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 01:36 PM
    An itchy bruise?
    I couple weeks ago I fell due to wet marble floors (probably should have sued) and I had a coaster sized bruise on my thigh, it went from light red to green to dark red to purple to gone... I know that's the general healing of a bruise but now the spot where the bruise used to be itches... there are no marks (other than from my nails scratching) and no apparent reason for the itching... I know I should see a doctor I just really don't have the time, does this sound like anything remotely familiar to anyone?

-Itchy in Brooklyn:confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 02:37 PM
    Please see a doctor.
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Mar 9, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Bruises, when they have healed can itch as the increased blood flow to the bruised area activate the nerve cells and cause you to itch.

While, it is always safer to consult a medical professional for health advice as Wondergirl recommends, it is also possible that in this case, it is simply part of your healing process. In the meantime, try not to scratch and use a heating pad or something else to reduce the irritation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy! [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been so itchy! It is mainly on my stomach, chest, back, and sides but it is really annoying I don't know if it is just the dry cold weather or what but I need some suggestions on how to make it stop! I do have exema but it mainly is on my hands...

Stress fracture/bone bruise to 2 bones in my foot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad bone bruise or stress fracture to the talus and cuboid bones in my Left foot. Depends on which Dr. I ask one calls it a bruise one calls it a stress fracture. I was hard casted for 3 weeks and in a cam for another week And then back in to a hard cast again now for another 4 weeks....

Making a bruise go away FAST [ 9 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one has any advice on how to make a bruise go away (or rather heal) a little bit faster? I recently had to have an IV in my arm and a mark and bruie from where it was and just want the nasty mark to go away like NOW! Any information would be really helpful Thak you Jessica

Itchy Dog [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 1 year old Black lab mix breed that scratches constantly... She was tested and found to have a (wheat?) grass allergy. The vet said "well, she will scratch a lot." and that was kind of the end of it. In the last month it has been getting bad. She is constantly scratching with her hind...

Itchy [ 15 Answers ]

Yeah OK so since I got back form my cottage I've had this horrible itching around my vagina and I'm wondering what the hell this is I itches when I move the wrong way its red and very sensitive... I really need some help its bugging the crap out of me.. my mom got me some itch cream but it doesn't...

View more questions Search