Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deep_thinker29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 04:38 PM
    My Boyfriend Clearly Says His Ex Is His Soul Mate.
    I'm in danger of getting my heart broken my boyfriend yesterday clearly told me that his ex girlfriend of seven years is his soul mate. I guess you could say this conversation came up when he went to go develop some film from a camera. He had looked through some of the photos and found some of him and her. Needless to say I wasn't to happy about it I had asked him if he got rid of the photos and he had no answer. Which of course meant he kept the pic's. He mention to me that he wanted to be honest and tell me how he felt. Well he told me and I didn't take it too well.

He said she was his soul mate and that she is always going to have a place in his heart no matter what. I thought in time that he would grow to love me just the same but to hear those words come out of his mouth after we've been together for 3 years and known one another for four. I found out the truth..

I guess what I'm saying is I'm stuck I feel numb and used but I've invested so much into this relationship that I don't think it should just end so quickly.. What do you think?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2012, 06:48 PM
    I don't see where he broke up with you. All he said was that she will always have a place in his heart, I have said that about several females over my life because I consider them friends. To act on it would be a different issue. What he keeps or doesn't keep is also his issue, not yours. What is it that you are really upset about, you are his girlfriend, and he still considers you the most important female in his world right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 07:39 PM
    I think he is being honest and yes if you were with someone for 7 years and really loved them, they will always have a place in your heart. I have a special place in my heart for several wonderful ladies that were part of my life from time to time.

Does not mean I would replace my current one with them, it means they were special and I will always remember that.

This is your issue to deal with, he did not say anything but the truth of anyone who has had a serious relationship feels.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 12:10 AM
    You should never demand that he destroy momentos of the past, but he does need to put them away and focus on what he has now. Maybe you ask him if he can at least do that.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Mar 6, 2012, 12:21 AM
    Deep Thinker,

First of all, let me welcome you to this beautiful site! No doubt, you might be feeling tonns of embarrassament, frustration and despair, but dear buddy, you will have to digest the hard fact, and face it with a bold courage. If he says, it is better because, if he would not have said, but have continued thinking for her and meeting her, in that way, it might have hurt longer and further/more, after you would have come to know about this clandestine fact. Is not it? Thank him for telling you everything in black and white. And, dear, just digest it. This is the only way out.

It is more pleasant that still he is with you, and still loving you, and by and by everything would be smoother, and lovelier. Time is a great healer, and makes such points forget too. Enjoy his love, relish it.

The world is big and vast. There are plenty of boys men, in the world, just keep it in mind. If he leaves you, just remember, you must have someone better waiting in the wings, for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My soul mate [ 12 Answers ]

Well the thing is that I have met this girl in university, and she seems as the perfect match for me. She has many similarities with me, concerning her love of writing poetry and her music taste... And I just feel happy beside her, and when I am away from her I just go nuts. I have become her...

Soul Mate [ 2 Answers ]

When do I understand that I have finally met my soul mate? Also let me know if anyone of you can suggest me that how to know who is the one I will be happy with?

He says I'm his soul mate. Why am I still so jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

All right, my boyfriend and I have been together for four and half years and totally love each other. I have always been really insecure and have had bouts with depression. He's always been really supportive of me and reassures me that he thinks I'm beautiful and that he loves me for who I am not...

Soul mate or many? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to no iwhat people's thoughts are on the idea of a soul mate? Do you think that there is only one true love out there for us or do you think that there can be love found everywhere?:confused:

View more questions Search