Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheldon2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
    8 yr old house broken dachshund has started peeing in the house
    [B]my dachshund that is 8 years old has been house broken since 4 mon. Old, she has never peed in the house but has recently started peeing inside, it's almost like she doesn't want to go out. I have to make her go out about every hour and she still goes inside some. Her environment hasn't changed, I've taken her to her vet, they did blood work to check her kindeys, but all came back fine, so it didn't give us any answers and the vet didn't know why. She has recently had a ruptured disc in the middle part of her back which seems to be doing good. We don't know what to do. If you could give us some input we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, carol in upstate ny
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
    I wonder if the disc is pinching nerves that control her bladder. Find a doggy chiropractor?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2012, 05:22 PM
    They did bloodwork, did they do a urinalysis to rule out a UTI? Often that will cause inappropriate urination in dogs and cats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House broken puppy peeing in house again [ 3 Answers ]

Our dog Penny is 6 and a half months old. She's very smart, already knows sit, stay and come, is no longer mouthing and knows the difference between "down" (don't jump up) and "lay down". She was house broken almost immediately, about a month after we got her. The past few days she has gone back...

My 3 year old dog has started peeing in the house [ 5 Answers ]

I've had my 3 year old dog since a pup and he was really well house-trained but for the past few months he's started peeing in the house I really don't know what to do, he's quite a nervous dog but he also doesn't like going outside in the rain its really hard to keep an eye on him all the time...

My dog has started peeing in the house [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is a 9 year old westie who we rescued when he was six he was well house trained until I found out I was pregnant with my 5th child and now he has started peeing on the spot he doesn't ask for the loo no more just pees where he stands please help as I love him so much and am worried its old...

Why has my dog started peeing in the house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 week old beagle mix. She is crate trained and enjoys her crate even when we are home. She is house trained and will go to the door whenever she needs to go out. If she wakes up in the during the night she will whine to go out. Over the last week, she has just started peeing and pooping...

Female in heat started peeing in the house [ 2 Answers ]

My female shih tzu started peeing in the house when she came in heat. She hadn't done this before. Do females pee more when they're in heat?

View more questions Search