Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    29jackii29 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
    I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed.
    K I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm like totally freaking out. Am I allowed to smoke? I have been and I'm very worried if I'm going to get an infection. Can someone give me some advice. :(
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I had mine out about 4 months ago, I was told to aviod smoking for at least 48 hours as this could cause dry sockets and infection, are you gargling with salt water after every meal?? My stiches fell out pretty quickly.
    You will be swollen and sore for up to two weeks due to bruising but if you feel that the swelling isn't going down or you feel worse then call your dentist you may well need anti biotics.

Feb 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Today I feel a bit better I'm not as sore but I am still swollen a bit. I can't eat solids yet, and now all of my stitches fell out.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
    No smoking.

No drinking with a straw.

I hope you're OK by now...

Mar 13, 2007, 10:42 PM
    I'm good now but I had a dry socket
    vpc2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 29jackii29
    k i just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and im still in pain and im still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and im wondering if thats normal. im like totally freaking out. Am i allowed to smoke? i have been and im very worried if im gunna get an infection. Can some1 give me some advice.?:(
    How long did the swelling and pain last? I'm having 2 bottom wisdom tooth and one molar extracted. It sounds painful and the dentist refuse to put me down for it, and said that the valium, local anasthesia, and nitrous oxide (laughing gas) would be enough to hold me down during the procedure.

I'm so scared.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Don't be scared I had mine out with just general and two happy pills trust me you will be so drunk on what they give you, you won't even realise its all been done they are very quick and you won't feel a thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had my 4 wisdom teeth cut out last week! [ 1 Answers ]

I had my 4 wisdom teeth cut out last week and I now there's a hole in my mouth that seems to be connected to my nose when I gargle water comes out my nose when I blow my nose my mouth flutters is this normal or what??

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom Teeth pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to ask some questions about wisdom teeth. I have my upper right wisdom tooth, I can feel the others trying to come in. I am waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can have them removed. What is best for pain until I can get this done? :confused:

Wisdom Teeth Post Op Question [ 1 Answers ]

I had my left side extracted 2 days ago. I feel like I've done everything right and even went back to the oral surgeon to make sure, but last night I noticed some blood in my mouth. This morning my teeth had blood all over them. Now, my mouth wasn't dripping blood, it was just on my teeth. Is this...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search