Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prib25 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Comfortmaker gne100f14a1 water in hose from pressure switch
    Why is there water in the hose between the inducer motor and the pressure switch on my comfortmaker gne100f14a1
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Sounds like drains aren`t just like they should be. Is it a new install?

Feb 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
    About ten years old. Not sure what drain you are talking about.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 22, 2012, 05:05 PM
    If this unit is 90+ efficiency unit, it will have a drain system which can clog and cause condensate water to back up into the draft inducer and therefore up into the pressure switch tube. If you have a 90+, clean any and all drain ports and hoses in your furnace, along with the drain pipe on the outside of the furnace.

Feb 22, 2012, 05:25 PM
    This furnace is a 80 percenter
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2012, 07:24 PM
    80 percenter,with an inducer motor,and pressure switch,I haven`t run up on that at all or at least very often.
    Is there anything about this furnace you failed to tell us,, so as a 80% furnace it has metal exhaust, does it have a ac a-coil that sits on top of furnace? Does the exhaust/flu pipe go straight up ? Into a chimney flu?

Feb 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Im sorry it must be 90+. I do not know where the inside drains are located to clean them. It has a metal inducer motor

Feb 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Im sorry I couldn't provide more knowledgeable info. Tomorrow I will post pictures perhaps that would help me to show exactly what I have, since I'm not really sure. Thank you for your help thus far

Feb 22, 2012, 08:31 PM
    It has a metal flue pipe to the chimney and a metal inducer motor. I know this for sure.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Its probably 80%,, with metal vent pipe,, but use close-up photoes might help,, maybe mygirlsdad,will have some input, he likes photo`s
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Yep, look forward to the photos. Now, there are a few things that can cause this moisture in the pressure switch tube, even on an 80 percenter. Most all new furnaces these days have a draft inducer whether it be 80 or 90 percent, but the 80 percenters aren't supposed to create condensation. Things that can cause this are firing the furnace up when the indoor air temp is very cold, (is the unit in a home or garage, or maybe a building with no plumbing were the furnace gets shut off when the building is not in use, then turned on when its really cold inside? This could cause the burnt gas to cool so quickly in the heat exchanger that it will condensate. Another thing is incorrect venting (venting to long, to big, or run into a chimney without a correct sized chimney liner). Also (and lets hope not) a cracked heat exhanger could cause this issue. Look closely at the vent connections for signs of water leakage. One last thing, if the tube from the pressure switch to the draft inducet has a "trap" in it, try to adjust the tube so it runs straight with no sags or "traps" to catch water. This is worth a try, as it would be the most simple fix. Other than that, let us see some pics, but you may have to call in a local tech to really trouble shoot the system correctly first hand. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace - 3 Blinking lights, solid light w/suction on hose to pressure switch [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 3 blinking lights on a Goodman GMNT080-4B gas furnace. An online manual says this is caused by "PRESSURE SWITCH FAILURE TO CLOSE" and to check: "VENTER, PRESSURE SWITCH, VENT BLOCKAGE". One potentially useful bit of diagnostic information is that if I suck on the hose going...

After changing hot water hose turned water on no pressure in my house [ 1 Answers ]

If u let it sit it builds up for aout 2min then it gradule goes away until its just a drip

Water pressure too high for garden hose? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know what the water pressure is at my house, but I do know that it is very high/ strong. We live near the water plant- I assume that has a lot to do with it? We've been through several garden hoses in the last couple years. We've bought regular hoses and the last one we bought was...

Water Pressure - hose bib [ 3 Answers ]

After a driveway contractor used a power washer on our driveway, the hose bib he was connected to lost water pressure. I had the lawn sprinkler on before he came, pressure was great, and put it back on after he left, pressure was at about 50%. The other hose bibs, and all pressure inside the...

View more questions Search