Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peamom Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 03:02 PM
    What happens if you fail on your interlock ignition device
    If you have an interlock ignition device installed on your vehicle due to a dwi and it fails the test?
    whatnow_sa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
    The interlock will enter a temporary lockout period of a few minutes for the first failed BAC test, and a longer lockout for any subsequent failed BAC test. This permits an opportunity for the alcohol to dissipate from the mouth and for you to consider the reason for the failed BAC test.
    peamom Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
    I have never had that happen and I did not know what to do. It said lock out and read 29. I thought that was 29 hours. This happened on Sunday and I figured they were closed and did not want to be charged for an after hours call, so I had a friend drive me home and left my car at her house. I called them on Monday morning and took the car in to be reset that day at 2:30 in the afternoon. They said that it locks you out for 29 min and then you are supposed to blow again. I was told that they give the report to the probation officer and that she would probably call me for an 80 hour alcohol test, but I haven't heard anything from her. I am very nervous that they will get a motion to revoke based on this. Can they do that? Or do they also need to have you do the alcohol test?
    whatnow_sa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
    This is the first this has happened, right.. calm down...
    The keyword there was PROBABLY.. my probation officer tells me a lot of things, but he never does it.. lol..
    & no, they can get motion to revoke, BUT chances are they won't... it's too much of a minor deal..
    Be careful out there...
    mlusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 01:26 PM
    What you , for my situation, my car started but it was a point something and because of point something she was asking a summit to the court? What happens now? Will the judge sentence me to jail for my remaining years of probation, which are two years left. What are the possibilities of the outcome?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if you are on probation and you fail your interlock device [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! About a year ago I was convicted of a dwi. I live in NY state. I had a clean record up until this incident. I was sentenced 3 years probation. I also was sentenced to have an interlock device put in my car. I have had nothing but issues with this. It has failed on several accounts. 2...

Device Drivers fail to appear when the window comes up [ 2 Answers ]

Question.. I am operating Widows XP Professional and when I attempted to view the device drivers, they did not appear in the window. The device driver tree did appear on the left side of the window but failed to come up on the right side of the window. All other selections in the tree did...

Ignition interlock failure [ 5 Answers ]

What happens if someone who is court ordered to put a breathalyser in his or her fails a test? Is this a violation of probation? What is the probation officer's next move? Does the test record show the level of BAC or is a pass or fail kind of thing? This is all very to me, because technically...

Blue Bird Ignition Interlock [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I recently bought a 1986 Chevy G30 with a 16 passenger Blue Bird body. The ignition interlock sometimes won't let her crank and has caused two tows in two days! Any wiring diagrams for this interlock available ? I would like to eliminate it altogether. If these ID numbers help - Blue Bird...

View more questions Search