Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lattsene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Why do I have an strong urge to contact guy who rejected 8 months ago
    He rejected me countless times over the course of 4 weeks and called me a stalker. I eventually left him alone and he still has me blocked. I still can't stop thinking about him but the after a while the urge to contact him went away because I knew he would just be nasty to me and I didn't want to contact him if he was going to be nasty. He never used to be nasty to me until I wouldn't leave him alone. He still has me blocked on Facebook. I know his number off by heart.

8 months later and his sister and cousin kept teasing me about him so I blocked them last week, hoping it would help me get him out of my head but I'm starting to think it might have been a mistake because I am now thinking of him more than ever.

When I sleep I don't normally have dreams about him. I've dreamt about him about 4 times, but this week all my dreams have been about him. I slept for only 3 hours last night because I had a dream that was so realistic. I woke up as we kissed and couldn't get back to sleep

I try taking my mind off him with telly, playing the guitar, computer games and internet stuff but he's always at the front of my mind. I've had crushes before but this one feels like the worst and longest. Normally it doesn't take long for me to get a crush on someone else but no matter who I fantasies about the fantasy always comes back to him. I can't unblock his sister or cousin because they would start getting nosy and saying " why did you block me" and I'd end up giving them something else to laugh about but since blocking them my urge to contact him is getting stronger and stronger.

I've seen him 3 times in the past two months and we didn't speak a word to each other but I've noticed he won't stop staring at me. The first time his eyes went wide and he smiled at me but I ignored him because I'm too scared to talk to him in case I made him uncomfortable. The second and third time he still kept staring at me but he had sad puppy dog eyes. Ever since I met him he has always stared at me and I told him when I asked him out that one of the main reason I thought he liked me back was because he kept staring at me so I would have thought that he'd make an extra effort from now on not to stare at me. When he stares at me he's either smiling or pulling the puppy dog face, and he always goes bright red when I catch him.

I keep thinking what if he's always like me but is too scared of what people might think, because I'm not very popular and people make fun of me, so if we got together they'd make fun of him too.

I don't know what to do I've tried everything but this feeling won't go away. 8 months is way too long and I should be over it by now. Its not as if I need closure or something because I asked him out and I got my answer, I should have been over him a long time ago but I just want to text him. I'm not going to but I have a strong urge to and it is driving me insane. I've never been this fixated on anyone before and I have had crushes on people who were my best friends in the past. He's nothing to me but he feels like everything.

Why can't I stop thinking about him? Do I need counselling?
    Somebody1234 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
    You think 8 months is long? Haha! That's nothing compared to some of the crushes I've had. Try years. That's what long is. Anyway, don't worry. Calm yourself. No, you don't need counseling. These things happen. People get crushes on other people. It's a part of growing up. And usually we always want what we can't get, and we're drawn to what we don't know. This crush you speak of probably seems so interesting to you because of the mystery he carries. You said you'd catch him staring at you and that's why you thought he liked you. Some guys do stare at the girls they like. In high school, I liked a guy who would do the same thing. But if this guy has rejected you countless times, and even told you to stop stalking him, you need to give him the space he needs. And don't think for a second that you're the one with the problem. Nah, its he who has the issue. If he won't bother to give you at least one chance, that guy isn't worth your time. Move on and find someone who is worth your time. And I'm sure there's better guys out there that would love to have some of your time. This guy just sounds immature, and who knows? Maybe he is embarrassed to go out with you because he's 'Mr. Popular/Hot Shot'. And that's even more of the reason why you should take your heart somewhere else. Who wants a guy who cares that much about his reputation at school that he won't even bid the girl who happens to be 'not so popular' the time of day? He's immature. Try to pay no more attention to him. Its hard at first, but once you cut all contact and ignore him... you'll start to see the better you did for yourself. It might take time, and no one said it would be easy, but you'd be doing yourself a favor. Guy sounds like a jerk and immature.

There will always be unrequited love sometime in your life. You'll always like someone who isn't always going to return the same feelings. It's a fact of life. It happens with everyone. We all go through it at some point in our lives. But just remember that there is someone who does love you for you, and they matter so much more than a jerk like that guy. But you'll never find the guy who is really right for you when your mind is fogged up with, loser.

I'm sure you'll get someone better for you. It might not happen right away, but it'll happen. Good luck! :)
    lattsene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
    I don't want to alter anyone's mind through magic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Met a guy 2 months ago. [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy 2 months ago, he moved in with me about 3 weeks ago.We fell in love right away I have 3 kids of my own and he has one child but doesn't see him because of personal issues with his ex... now after living together he says that it's a little hard for him since he's never been in a...

Why would a guy that I've been dating for 2 months just stop all contact? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm so confused and hurt by this guy. I met him on a dating site, as he pursued me. We finally met for the first time, and I went in with no intentions. Well it was better then I imagined, as we both felt so much chemistry with one another. We continued to see each other. He even cooked me dinner...

I have a crush on a guy moved four months ago. I'm in love. What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm pretty darn sure I'm in love with a guy, Cody, who moved months ago. I don't want to let go. I don't think I have that possibility or anything. What the heck do I do?

Why do I have a strong sudden urge to get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and am in a great relationship with a man I'm in love with, and in the passed 2 days I have had this urge and feels like a need to get pregnant. Why?

How do I contact my brother he passed 6 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

View more questions Search