Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karakal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 08:43 AM
    3 years old had foam at the mouth while sleeping. It was white and frothy.
    My 3 yr.old had foam at the mouth while sleeping. It was white and frothy. Snoring loud and heavy breathing. Tonsils look big and very pink. No fevers, no headaches. Bad dreams. ( I think) She moving a lot during the night. Sometimes wakes up, sits up then goes back to sleep. Past two nights heavy breathing and very loud. The foam was just last night. Oh, and she has very bad breath in the mornings.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 09:09 AM

If it is really cold and dry where you are, then it's possible that it is drying out her mouth and airways. I suggest getting her a humifyer at night and see how she is after using that. I know when I don't have one, the back of my nose and throat feel like they're burning and my mouth feels like it's void of moisture. Not to mention, if she's 3 she probably drools in her sleep and it could be causing the foam depending on how she breathes during the night.

Get a humidifyer and see if that helps, it helps me.
    KITTYROGERS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 11:49 PM
    Why adults foam at mouth while sleeping and loud snoring
    Nickydee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I have a 3 year daughter as well with the same, same symptoms as described above. I just wiped some faomy spittle from her mouth and decided to do a search on the web. Did the humidifyer work for you?
    nona22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 04:30 AM
    Hi all,

I hope your children has recovered fully from this. I have a 4 years old son with exactly the same symptoms as yours.I had been told that this problem in children will heal itself as they grow up but now its almost 2 years my son having this problem. Iam really getting depressed about t
    If your children get well from this or you have got the solution Please share
    Iam going to try the humidifier and hopefully this will helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry heaving and throwing up white foam. [ 3 Answers ]

I have four 6 1/2 week old dachshund, all of them are dry heaving and periodically throwing up white foam. There is also a 6 month old dachshund that is at our house a lot that also vomited white foam last night. They are all still eating, drinking, playing, and going potty normally. I just...

Puppy throwing up white foam? [ 7 Answers ]

My puppy is throwing up white foamy stuff, what is it? What is wrong with him?

Shih Tzu throwing up white foam [ 3 Answers ]

My family's 2 year old male Shih Tzu has been throwing up since yesterday. It is a white foamy substance with no signs of anything in it. He seems to be upbeat as usual. Just a few days ago one of our oldest female Shih Tzu had to go into surgery to remove a stone in her bladder. She to threw up...

Babies who foam at the mouth [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for a baby to foam at the mouth while sleeping?

White foam [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I put my pump on I get a white foam from the return??

View more questions Search