Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cici4costa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Wella Color Charm and Developer
    Getting ready to color my hair again and read the box. Using Wella Color Charm and it says to mix with "appropriate" developer 2:1 (2 parts developer, 1 part Color Charm).

Ok what gives? I used this color before 1:1 with 20 developer and it seemed fine. Should this be diluted to the 2 parts developer as the box says and why? And just what is "appropriate" ? I am obviously not a pro!

Can someone help?

Thanks for your help!!

: )

Lisa
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 14, 2009, 12:04 PM

I've never used Wella Colour charm (not available in the UK I think). I use Wella's Koleston perfect.
    Seeing as Colour Charm is a permanent colour (I looked on the internet), then it should really be 1:1. Have you checked this is a permanent colour by the way? Usually a 2:1 is a demi.
    And the appropriate developer is hydrogen peroxide. You use what ever percentage you need. If you are lightening a lot of shades then it's 12% (30 vol) but if a few then 9% (20 vol).

Hope that helps.
    cici4costa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Thanks PunkChic,

The box does not say demi so I must assume it is permanent. I used it the last time I colored my hair and it didn't wash out as I used 1:1. I never read the box but this time I did and that is what prompted my question. Anyway, I am coloring as I write so I will alert if there is any adverse response.

Thanks again for your response. My only visit to the UK was to Scotland to get married! I love it there. You are so lucky to have that in your backyard!

All the best,

Lisa
    yndirah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Wella color charm is 2:1, you're just wasting product and money if you're using 1:1. It is permanent, but the 2:1 ratio makes it economical so you can have 2 applications from 1 tube.
    Rrrrronita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Does Color Charm Clear Developer volume 20 every go bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wella hair color [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know what two colors can I mix together to get a reddish brown?

Fourth time's a charm? [ 52 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged I'll soon be 21.I've only had three boyfriends in my entire life.my first relationship lasted only one month-he left me for his ex girlfriend;the second one-two months or so,he left me because I wouldn't have sex with him(I was a virgin,you see,and was I scared because I...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Charm or busy time [ 4 Answers ]

Rickj,SHAVED,ben11,chris!cajalat,curlyben... Where are you?I once knew a website which was attractive!has many attractive users.but now where they are?(many users that all they were online! )i think that it lose charm!but why??

View more questions Search