Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toyhuckster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Head Gasket Repair Cost vw bug 2000.
    My car is overheating and I have done all the checks. It is showing nothing. If I need to repair the head gasket
    Or replace it how much will it cost?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Figure $2,500, if you need to replace the head gasket, machine the warped aluminum head, and repair any damaged valves.
    shreck Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Well, depends of your car but I got an holden astra and I needed to fix the head gasket too. In some garages they told me $1,500 AUD (it was in Australia) and we manage to fix it for $1,000 AUD.
    I'm not an expert so I just tell you how much it cost us, and it was in Australia so maybe it's not the same price too
    edriss1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 08:45 AM
    My vw beetle 2000 is over heated, I changed the thermostat, radiator and is still overheated. Now my mecanic told me it is the head gasket, should I believe him
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Be prepared for further surprises. Head gaskets blow for a reason, which is usually because the aluminum head warps. It's also common for valves to be damaged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head gasket repair cost? [ 3 Answers ]

What does white smoke mean? It's coming from the front of the car.

what is the value of a 2000 honda civic with a blown head gasket? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the approximate trade in/resale value of a 2000 Honda Civic Lx with a blown head gasket? It's an automatic, 4 door sedan with approximately 176000 miles. The person I'd be buying it from said it's quoted in Fair condition, and was priced around $2,000 according to kelly blue book. I...

Blown head gasket 2001 venture repair cost? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 2001 Chevy Venture with 134,000 miles. I've been told it has a blown head gasket. What should I expect to pay for repair and is it worth it?

Blown head gasket repair cost [ 1 Answers ]

What does it cost to fix a blown head gasket on a 99 cadillac deville?

Permanent head gasket repair [ 3 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions regarding a Briggs model 311707 First, all of the questions I have seen regarding this engine are related to Sears lawnmowers was it not used by any other manufacturers? Second, this is the second time I have had to replace the headgasket on this engine. I bought the...

View more questions Search