Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BuriedThrice Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
    How do I connect with people when I'm so detached following self-inquiry.
    I've been on quite a spiritual journey. For a long time now my interests have slowly been fading away. Playing music doesn't do much for me anymore and I have no other interests except getting into nature and just being silent. I recently began college for the first time in my life, four years after graduating college. I've been trying to communicate with some of the kids but on top of the fact that I am introverted and inclined towards being silent and have very few interests, talking seems to go nowhere. I have nothing to say. And for the most part, I'm okay with this. But every so often, I need some sort of connection to another person. I was able to find one kid who resonates with me well. We're completely different people in how we approach life but for whatever reason we have a lot of similar characteristics and we're both open to all of life's offerings as long as their in line with our personal morals. It's nice to know I'm not alone but I can't even communicate with women because most are looking for someone who is interesting in the conventional sense of a personality. I tend to be pretty detached, calm, easy-going, and everything good and bad that happens is all right with me. Things are constantly changing and you can't really do anything about a lot of it.

I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone who has been on a spiritual journey or who knows a little about this could help me out here. Thanks.
    daniel1060 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Well your situation is quite unique.As a professor in cultre and religeon quite a few people has asked me the same question.The best advice I can give you is find something in your heart and talk to your family they should be able to help.
    KellyC7 Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Feb 16, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Ah, nature is wonderful and that's a love that you can rest assured will never fade. You seem to be very balanced, and not minding change makes you very adaptable. That's a good quality to have! You don't have to worry about being a good talker. It seems that someone with your personality should focus on being a good listener, and there are many people who appreciate that more than anything.

Rest assured, it isn't simply an internal disconnect with you/lack of friendliness in regards to reaching out to people. Sometimes it's difficult to make connections with others based upon their own habits, and personally, I think that the influx of cell phones and all these other devices have created a division when we're out in the world (instead of talking to one another, or paying attention in class, people are preoccupied with cell phones and such).

Enjoy that friendship connection, and look to strengthen it! Sometimes there are people you just click with, and it sounds like you have been successful in finding a friend, no matter what your differences are. Since you seem to be so easy-going, just do whatever you can to stay positive and maintain an open-mind, so you allow new experiences to flow through your life. When it comes to talking to women, we are not all the same, so don't assume what one wants is identical to what the rest of us do! My boyfriend is kind, fairly introverted, so calm, and I can honestly say he is the man I've always wanted. We balance each other out wonderfully. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert, but don't deny yourself, BE yourself... and you will be able to find that connection you're looking for! You will be just fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know how to connect with people socially so I stay isolated [ 11 Answers ]

Listen I need help. I want to make more friends sometimes. I have 2 people that I know but they are disabled neighbors, they are nice though. I have asperger syndrome and depression. I get anxiety trying to communicate with people, it get so uncomfortable that I just give up social events and...

Electric to detached garage [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and thanks in advance for any help. I have a detached garage just under 300' from the 200 amp service at the house. I plan to run the wire underground in conduit. I am a little confused as to what (exact) type of wire I should have for this run. I am going to have a 100 amp sub-panel in the...

Detached Building Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have most of the wiring requirements down for this, but have a couple of questions. I have a detached shed approximately 60ft from my house. I'd like to run electricity from a subpanel in my garage to the shed. I have planned on burying 1.5" conduit to run 4 #4 wires (2 hot, 1 neutral,...

Detached garage pad [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get some information on building a garage starting with the Pad. I am planning on building a 22X26 detached garage. The rough grade was completed about 4 months ago. It is a clay base with no topsoil added yet. Should I get a bobcat in to remove a couple inches or just pack down...

View more questions Search