Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greasedlight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 03:00 AM
    I need to know the Excel formulas for an ARIMA analysis of a time series.
    I have a weekly numerical time series for which I need to forecast the nest in the series. ARIMA seems a promising approach. Can anyone who is a statistics wiseguy supply the Excel formulas?

TIA,
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 04:02 AM

Spreadsheet implementation: ARIMA models such as those described above are easy to implement on a spreadsheet. The prediction equation is simply a linear equation that refers to past values of original time series and past values of the errors. Thus, you can set up an ARIMA forecasting spreadsheet by storing the data in column A, the forecasting formula in column B, and the errors (data minus forecasts) in column C. The forecasting formula in a typical cell in column B would simply be a linear expression referring to values in preceding rows of columns A and C, multiplied by the appropriate AR or MA coefficients stored in cells elsewhere on the spreadsheet.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 04:08 AM

greasedlight,

Please see:-

Introduction to ARIMA models
    spiderxl Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Calculating the forecast errors for an ARIMA model is not straight-forward, and without a proper confidence interval, any forecast is worthless.

I strongly recommend to either use a statistical package with Excel Add-in interface (e.g. E-Views, SAS, R, SPSS, S-Plus), or a Econometric excel add-in (e.g. XLStat, NumXL, etc). They all enhance excel analytical capabilities and make econometric type of analysis much easier.

Regards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Create the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel formulas? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel IF function?

Excel formulas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to all How to find same numbers in different excel columns and sortout

Excel Formulas [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for the proper formulas for a timesheet file. I have placed notes on the attachment explaing what I am looking for. Good luck and thanks ! Dave

Formulas in Excel 07? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, how do I view formulas in all of the cells for excel 2007? Thanks.

Excel formulas [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I want to do something like the formulas SUMIF but with a text. For example two cell must be equal A b c Parts number Description qty 12545 bearing XKL 10 units

View more questions Search