Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katXD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 10:17 AM
    What kind of mouthwash is best for a tongue piercing?
    I had mine done like 6 days ago. And Someone told me not to use mouthwash that has alcohol in it, because it gets infected, but the perfessional that did my tonuge told me to use mouthwash with alcohol. So do I use the nonacohol mouthwash or keep using the alcohol mouthwash. And I also have white stuff that comes out around the hole, but it don't hurt! Also I have a indent around the ring will that soon go away?
    kimy_lovve Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Do not use any mouth wash. The alcohol may make it swell more or become more prone to infection. Take a small glass of warm water and put about 2 tablespoons of rock salt or sea salt into it.let dissolve. Rinse mouth out with salt water for about 1 minute(:
    kimy_lovve Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 06:46 PM
    And by the way yes, the indent around your toung ring WILL go away in a about a week or two. It is just like that because of the swelling put pressure around the ball area of the piece of jewellery. It may also get indents along the sides in a lined sort of pattern. This is because the swelling is pushing against your teeth. The swelling and the indents are just part of the swelling process. Nothing to worry about.they will disappear in time.
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
    First off... the indent is normal. It won't go away while you have the bar in there, because that's where the ball sits. If you decide to take it out someday, permanently, the indent should go away within 2 days. The white stuff... around the hole... that's probably caused by the alcoholic mouthwash--so lay off the alcoholic mouthwash. I used a warm-sea salt water solution to rinse my mouth and sometimes a non-alcoholic mouthwash during the first couple of weeks. Right now, I just use mouthwash with LIGHT alcohol. Piercers are different, but I think it's common sense to not use any alcohol of any kind on any piercings.
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
    kimy_lovve: I've had my tongue ring for over a year and my indent is still there, so it's not from the swelling of the tongue. It's from the ball resting on your tongue while you're tongue is inside the mouth.
    Lillih Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
    You should use mouthwash with no alcohol. I use oral-B
    hollielollypop Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
    When I got mine the lady told me to get listerine the blue one
    Gingeebugz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 PM
    I hate these forums cause there is so many different answers.

I just got my tongue pierced 3 days ago. 4 technically but I got it done at 5pm so that's about a half day . So I say 3 FULL days, mine also has a bit of white stuff coming out of it, and the indent. Ive been using crest alcohol free because that's what MY piercer told me to use. Ive also used salt water from time to time because I heard that heals the hole up faster.

I recently burnt myself with soup so my life is even more miserable. Lol someone told me to use "hexalen mouthwash" but it is a subscribed over the counter thing.

I really just want this swelling and pain to be over with but I really do think it just takes at least a week :(
    Gingeebugz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 12:09 PM
    ALSO, Ive been taking advil about 3 times a day... and it REALLY seriously helps the pain go away for me!! I woke up earlier almost crying.. ate, and took 3 advil and an hour later it doesn't hurt at all. Its what's been helping me survive lately!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing, need answers, swollen tongue, don't know what to do, is this normal? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced 5 days ago, and its still really swollen, I can't talk properly, can't eat and its sooooo uncomfortable. There is also stuff that looks furry all over my tongue, I went back to my piercer and he said just to clean it with a soft bristle toothbrush, but it still comes back. I...

Tongue Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced 4 days ago and it's at a slight angle and there's a dent like hole under the top ball on my tongue I'm not sure if it's because my tongue is still swollen or because I have a really short thick tongue? And also can the dent go away?

Tongue piercing rubber band from spacer stuck in tongue [ 3 Answers ]

6 years ago had my tongue pierced, no problems; about 3 months afterwards, I used a clear spacer w/clear small rubber band to keep it open---well, the piercing got extremely sore and when I went to take the spacer out, it seems that the clear rubber band either got stuck while taking the spacer...

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

View more questions Search