Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rustyjoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
    What does a father do to get his 16 year old son?
    My 16 yr old son lives wit his uncle he has tepary custudy mother sign her rights away my son is un happy and wants to live wit me the uncle threats my son if he says anything want answer my calls
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2012, 04:43 AM
    First, a mother can't just sign her rights away. Only a court can terminate rights. If that did happen what were the circumstances? Why did the uncle get custody and not you? How long ago did this happen?

The pat answer is you get an attorney and file for custody. But for us to help further we need to understand the situation better so you need to provide more details. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2012, 07:30 AM
    As Scott said very well - need more details BUT you can always go to Court and request custody. It is not your son's choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 year old son wants to live with his father [ 9 Answers ]

My 14 year old son (which is a twin) wants to live with his father. A little history... I have 3 boys. (17, 14, 14) Have been divorced from their father for about 12 years. I remarried (now 7 years) and moved from our home town 1 1/2 hours away when I got married again when the boys were 10, 7...

35 year old son treats his father with disrespect [ 8 Answers ]

My son is so mean to my husband. He has done so since 16. He has never had consequences for it. We visited him in Chicago this weekend and all he did was critize my husband and call him old, deaf , etc. He lacks emotions. My husband is loving and when he tells him he loves him he says that his...

Can my 12 year old son live with his father [ 4 Answers ]

My wife left me 2 & half month ago and my 12 year old son wants to live with me in the family home with his 18 year old brother . I have a 7 year old son and he wants to live with his mother in there rented home . My wife is more intrested in texding her friends and going out and getting drunk...

My 11 year old son wants to be emancipated from his father, at what age can he do so? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single mother of 2. My sons father and I are not together. Since his father's marriage to his step-mother (approx. 3 years ago), my son and I have had nothing but problems. In and out of court and lots of arguments. My son never having a good relationship with his father, is now being...

10 year old son doesn't want me to leave his abusive father [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in an abusive marriage for ten years. . I have made the decision to leave my husband. I have three wonderful children, whom I have talked to about the upcoming separation. My two young girls seemed to handle it well. My 10 year old son , however, is having a difficult time with this. He...

View more questions Search