Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schuyler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
    Fan light inop
    I have a Harbor Breeze fan/light. Light presently inop. Hot feed wire and switch for light both good. Component from switch to light (part number E313648) appears to have an integral fuse that looks burned (black). Where do I find a replacement for this part?

Thanks- Schuyler
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 24, 2011, 07:47 PM

Which exact model Harbor Breeze is this unit?
    carwiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by schuyler View Post
    I have a Harbor Breeze fan/light. Light presently inop. Hot feed wire and switch for light both good. Component from switch to light (part number E313648) appears to have an integral fuse that looks burned (black). Where do I find a replacement for this part?

Thanks- Schuyler
    It is an XL-190 CUT Limiter.
    The USA government passed a power reduction law in which the regulation requires that lights must consume no more than 190 watts. This device prevents usage of more powerful light bulbs (fire hazard?). Cut the wires and by-pass it. Simply connect the pull switch to operate the lights.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 08:11 PM

Isn't that limiter for use with fluorescent lights only? We are still waiting to find out what model the OP has. Chia Wei Electric Co., Ltd.
    hphoutx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
    http://crs-industries.com/p23/190W-Power-Limiter/product_info.html Just by the whole schabang.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 06:26 AM
    190W-Cut Power Limiter

Read info provided here. Note that device is reset by disconnecting power and changing bulb (supposedly).
    iversonhof Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
    CARWIZ... what wires do you hook to where if your bypassing the xl190?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a hunter ceiling fan & light control to operate my fan w/light [ 3 Answers ]

I just replace my kitchen light with a new ceiling fan w/light. I now was going to try to install my hunter ceiling fan & light control switch. The switch has a black, blue and red wire w/green ground. The wall outlet has a black, red and white wire with ground. I just wasn't sure which wires...

Trane xl 1200 high speed fan inop [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older trane xl 1200 and it appears that only one fan speed is working on the outside unit. If my memory serves the unit does have a 2 speed system. The low speed appears to be the only one working. How can I troubleshoot it and repair it?

Air handler fan contactor buzzing and fan inop [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Rheem air handler and the fan motor stopped working. I replaced the contactor when I heard a buzzing sound coming from it and also the capacitor. Neither lit the fan motor off so I checked to see if there was voltage to the fan and I had voltage at the appropriate wires so I replaced the...

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Blower Fan - Central Air - Bryant - INOP [ 4 Answers ]

Sir/Ma'am, My townhouse uses a Bryant central a/c/gas furnace. The outdoor evaporator fan and compressor work. The indoor blower fan when set to on will begin with a hum -- much like a stuck motor might sound, then time out and shut off. This started with my wife's attempt to start the machine a...

View more questions Search