Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravenhaired Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Prell method of removing semi-permanent color
    Three days a go I dyed my medium, dark brown hair with a black semi-permanent dye (lasts 28 shampoos) and it turned way too black. I tried washing it out with a clarifying shampoo and the Prell method of removal (put it on my dry hair, threw cap over it and blow dried it on hot every now and then, washing it out in 45 minutes). I saw that the color was washing out in the shower, but hair looked exactly the same each time. I then tried mixing prell and dawn dishwashing liquid together, left on my wet hair for 5 minutes, saw that the color rinsed out but my raven hair looked exactly the same. Do you think the color will eventually fade with the prell method, am I doing something wrong (like should I be putting the prell on wet hair instead of dry) or move on to something stronger?
    Your help is much appreciated!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 26, 2006, 10:24 PM
    Semi-permanent color is formulated to last through several shampoos, depending on the hair's porosity and thus on its ability to absorb moisture. There are many ways to help remove semi-permanent color. Hot oil treatments, Prell, clarifying shampoo or dandruff shampoo with the use of hot water can help fade the color quickly. If the color doesn't fade in a week or so, there are products in the beauty supply store that can remove hair color. Look for a hair color remover designed to remove semi-permanent hair color.
    amandasommer999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Semi-permanent color is formulated to last through several shampoos, depending on the hair's porosity and thus on its ability to absorb moisture. There are many ways to help remove semi-permanent color. Hot oil treatments, Prell, clarifying shampoo or dandruff shampoo with the use of hot water can help fade the color quickly. If the color doesn't fade in a week or so, there are products in the beauty supply store that can remove hair color. Look for a hair color remover designed to remove semi-permanent hair color.

Hello, help ! My hair is light blonde ut I dyed it brown yesterday, it turned owt green and blu with brown bits in... what can I do ! Well what's prell ? :confused: o bi th way its semi permanent and it lasts for up to 15 washes
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 09:12 PM
    You should never use a brown hair color on blonde hair, it will leave a green cast in your hair. Semi-permanent color can lasts 1-4 weeks. If you shampoo frequently, the color should wash out in 6-12 shampoos. Prell is a shampoo known to strip artificial color. Try using a clarifying shampoo to help wash out the color, it's also great for removing green cast from the hair.
    voldino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Hi all, I have a little big problem... I have brown hair and 1 week ago I made baby pink dye after 2 "40 vol bleach"(my hair became strong yellow and orange)... so, then, I have applied the pink dye but the final colour was an ugly salmon pink... so now I would to fix my hair and make the right colour like this:

Pastel Pink Dye (D) [DIR-PPK]BU special effects manic panic pink hair dye accessories

Or this:

BU special effects sfx cupcake pink hair dye

Please I need help... ty
    MichaelStylist Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 03:46 PM

Voldino, you need to lighten your hair to a very very very pale yellow to pure white tone in order to achieve the desired level of pink. If there is any hint of orange or dark yellow tones, the pink will be salmon like.
    MichaelStylist Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I suggest having a professional stylist do it since the results are supposed to be guaranteed.
    LILLYSYDNEY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 07:47 PM
    I just washed my hair 3 times with fructose anTi dandruff and it faDed my dark brown extensions that were coloured yesterday from a light orange to deep drown and it's now my natural lighter ash.
    rebeccastylist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 04:30 AM
    Tide with bleach (the powdered kind) also helps to fade an unwanted demi-permanent hue... it's not unsafe for the hair since all the sulfates used to create a sudsing action in detergents, dish soaps and shampoos are basically the safe... once desired result is achieved, switch to sulfate-free shampoos

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

View more questions Search