Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anamollie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 07:49 AM
    How to change my dogs poop time?
    Hi
    We have a 18 month old terrier. She is a lovely dog. We feed her twice a day morning and evening and take her out for a walk at 11-12 in the morning and she does her potty after a 10-20 minutes walk. But I am returning back to work in the morning and have to change our walk time to 4-5 pm. But she could not wait till I came back home and went potty in the house. How do I adjust her routine? Please help.
    Regards
    Ana
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2012, 09:09 AM
    So you're expecting a young dog to hold it all in for 9 hours? Not possible. You're going to have to hire a do walker, take her to doggy daycare or something along those lines. If you can't hold it that long, neither can your dog.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
    I agree, too much to expect. The best way to change when you feed your dog. Do you have a yard or can she be put in a run?
    anamollie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 01:59 AM
    Thanks a lot. Mollie eats twice a day at 8 am and at 6 pm but goes potty only once at 11am-12 in the morning when we go out for walk. We have a big yard and a small dog house outside as well. But I am scared she may not be able to get back into the house if it rains or if she gets scared. Since she goes toilet only once a day I was hoping to get her adjusted to walk time at 4-5 pm. Do you have any suggestions how to change her routine please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do dogs poop in the house [ 4 Answers ]

Ppop in house

Dogs poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a yellow lab a little over a yr. and I notice he had a sore on his leg so then I stated to look around at his poop. I noticed some bloody poop. What would that mean?

Dogs and poop problems [ 2 Answers ]

Why do dogs eat their own poop?

Mucous in dogs poop [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please help me, my poor Toby as a mucous in his poop. He seems to have try many times before he fully expels. What could this be and how can I fix it? Thanks Toby's mom:)

View more questions Search