Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raymond88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
    My dog hasn't pooped in 3 days. What should I do?
    My dog hasen't poopeed in 3 days. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 01:50 PM
    What kind of dog, how old is your dog ? What are you feeding your dog ?
    raymond88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
    He is 5 months old, a Blunose pitbull, and I feed him Taste of the wild canine dog food.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Without an x ray kind of hard to tell. It could be a bowel blockage. Young dogs are liable to swallow anything that could create this. I don't know what his environment is. Is he outside most of the day, or in the house on his own?

I would suggest taking him to the vet and have him physically examined.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jan 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Good idea.

Have you changed his foods recently? Sometimes it's simply a matter of the animal not eating for several days. If so, it may be a matter of not having anything to "go" with, but it is still a good idea to find out why he may not be eating.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2012, 10:29 PM
    If your dog is not having bowel movements for more than a day or two I would be very concerned about a blockage and have him to the vet as soon as possible - especially if he is not eating or drinking. Regardless, if he is eating and you are absolutely certain he isn't going that is dangerous, too. A dietary change can throw them off for a day or possibly two, but 3 days is far too long. At the very least call your vet and see what (s)he recommends.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog pooped a solid red poop [ 9 Answers ]

I just took my three year old dog in a couple days ago to treat a bladder infection. Today on our walk she pooped a solid red poop. It was a healthy, normal poop except for the color. I looked at the treats we are giving her with her medication (Clavomax for bladder infection) and the treats...

Dog frequently peeing and once pooped in house. [ 1 Answers ]

:mad:I get so upset when our dog who has frequent usage to the outdoors, pees in the house and has once pooped under the dining room table. It upsets me to the point where I'm ready to give her away. But I love her so much and get over my anger quickly until the next pee incident. She is really...

Adult adopted dog pooped in crate [ 3 Answers ]

Our 4 to 5 year old adult dog (white shepherd, siberian husky, &? Mix), adopted from our next-door neighbors when they had to move, came to live with us on 11/10/07. I had done daycare for her all last year while her master was at school. She has been content and happily sleeping in her crate since...

Housetrained dog pooped in house! [ 2 Answers ]

My year old Border Collie mix has been completely houstrained for more than seven months. We recently got a new German Shepherd puppy. Last night and tonight, my older dog pooped right in my dining room. WHY?

View more questions Search