Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tarik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Carrier weather maker 8000
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better.
    The Start:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JK8D87Hc0A
    A clip showing me turning the Unit off and back on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZEDAwdZL10
    After that the unit runs for about 5 to 10 minutes and the same thing happen again.
    What could be the problem guys. Please I need your help and its really cold here
    greb11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarik
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better.
    The Start:
    YouTube - Carrier Weather Maker
    A clip showing me turning the Unit off and back on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZEDAwdZL10
    After that the unit runs for about 5 to 10 minutes and the same thing happen again.
    What could be the problem guys. Please I need your help and its really cold here
    On the far left hand side there will be a rod sticking up in front of the burner, take a piece of sand paper and litely sand it , this is a flame sensor, if it does not sense a flame in the first 2 or 3 seconds it shuts the systm down and tries again 3 times , then suths the system down until you reset by turning power off
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 08:06 PM
    If it runs for 5-10 minutes, it is more likely the high limit switch. The switch could be fine if you have an air circulation problem. Check your filters. Otherwise, check the sticky at the top of the Heating and Air conditioning forum.
    Tarik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    If it runs for 5-10 minutes, it is more likely the high limit switch. the switch could be fine if you have an air circulation problem. Check your filters. Otherwise, check the sticky at the top of the Heating and Air conditioning forum.
    I really can't tell what limit switch look like. I took a picture of the furnace and hope someone direct me to it. I don't have any air circulation problem and I just changed the filter today.

coldinthenorth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
    I also have a Weathermaker 8000. I had the same problem, and had 2 different heating companies come to repair the problem with no success. As it turned out, my local gas company came and resolved the problem in 10 minutes with NO charge. The problem was the gas flow was set to high. When the furnace tried to ignite, the gas went by the igniter to quick, therefore preventing it to actually ignite the gas. Have your gas pressure checked out to the ignitor. My furnace now is working perfectly. Hope this helps all who have this problem.
    eikxwt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 09:24 AM
    Do you have Ultasonic Humidifiers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had exactly same symptoms. It turns out that the mineral deposit from our ultrasonic humidifiers in the house clogged the air filter and caused overheating of the furnace. It was nearly imposible to see the white mineral deposit on the white filter paper, but it was there.
    vaderman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 09:59 AM
    I just had the same issue. I actually heard it try late in the night to start three times and then it died. First thing in the morning I checked the thermostat and changed it's batteries. Re-programmed - no luck. Then checked the circuit breaker panel to see if it tripped. Nope. Finally I simply unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and then it worked great, instantly. Sometimes it is the simplest of things. A quick reset so to speak. I recommend starting with the simple first. If that doesn't work, dial for a pro. I was simply lucky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 trouble codes? [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of troubld codes for my Carrier Weathermaker 8000? Thanks. Charley

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 intermittent operation [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier Wethermaker 8000 gas furnace. Over the past week or so, I've noticed that the temperature in my house drops into the low 60's (I usually keep the thermostat on 68/69) and the furnace never kicks on. The thrmostat itself seems to be OK. The problem is intermittent at this...

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

Weather maker 8000 R-W [ 1 Answers ]

We have a weather maker 8000. And we have gotten a code 12 from the L.E.D light. The code means R-W closed. My question is what is the R-W and where is it located on the Weather Maker 8000?:confused:

View more questions Search