Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave_mcg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Briggs and stratton pulsing?
    Jd lawn tractor with Briggs and stratton 19HP engine. Engine pulsing or missing. Have replaced fuel filter checked fuel and air intakes in carby. Spark plug replaced still have issues. The rod that connects to the carby buttlerfly is going up and down on its own.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2012, 07:27 AM
    Usually due to an excessively lean condition. Most likely cause... varnish buildup on the jets from stale fuel (anything older than a few months). A vacuum leak can cause it too, but that's less often the cause.

Easy way to deal with it is use either BG44K or Seafoam mixed into the fuel... avoid most of the cheaper additives... they don't work as claimed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 14 hp briggs and stratton [ 3 Answers ]

About 2 seconds after start it spews gas and oil out of the return on the intake. I worked fine a week ago I try to start it today and that happened. What confuses me is that the engine actually starts about 3 seconds after it starts spewing then it cuts off because of all the fluid going into the...

12 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton won't start, jusy spins and backfires. Ive checked all I can think of. HELP

17 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

What is the gap on a 17 hp ohv adjustment

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Poulan 38" cut rider with a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp engine. It is about 6 or 7 years old and has always ran great and has had regular maintenance (oil change and plugs, kept out of direct weather). It sat in the garage for about 2 months due to illness when my wife decided to...

View more questions Search