Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbnkmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge
    Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hello jb:

Google the name of the bankruptcy court and go to their website. IF they have records available online, they should tell you how to access them. However, I'll bet they're not available online.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
    As noted check out the actual web site of the Federal court where the bankruptcy happened.

But often they charge a small fee now adays.

Also you can go to the court and get a copy also
    csch5000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 10:33 AM
    The only way to get your bankruptcy records is to call your attorney and see if he/she keeps copies. Most of the time they do not have them if it has been a while. The Court House does not keep copies either. I found mine at Retreive Official Copies of Your Personal or Corporate Bankruptcy Records they were not free but very low cost and received them fast. Hope this helps!
    maxim1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Apr 7, 2009, 11:02 AM
    I hope this anwer isn't too late. You can not get any bankruptcy records for free. The reason it's not free, there's fee's to access the government database. Even attorneys have to pay this fee.

If you didn't file pro se, your attorney might have it. However, my attorney charges $50 for a copy of a full petition. He didn't have my file anyway, lost.

I do go online to order a copy of bankruptcy records. Very personable. I got my docs the same day online.

Anyway, I hope this answers your question.

Maxim D
    fecajohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Thank you all for this information. Im a single parent being garnished by Ed and a past landlord. And I'm trying to stop the landlord, because the state of Alabama will garnish up to 25% and Ed is garnishing 15% of my pay. I filed Chapter 7 in 2001. Hopefully I will be able to re-file again before...
    joedindo Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 9, 2010, 06:51 PM
    We are also in the business of providing bankruptcy records and fixing credit report after bankruptcy. For more details visit <a href="http://bankruptcylive.com/">Free bankruptcy public records</a>
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fecajohnson View Post
    thank you all for this information. Im a single parent being garnished by Ed and a past landlord. And I'm trying to stop the landlord, because the state of Alabama will garnish up to 25% and Ed is garnishing 15% of my pay. I filed Chapter 7 in 2001. Hopefully I will be able to re-file again before.....................
    You cannot discharge ANY educational loan from the government in any bankruptcy proceeding.
    goreliklaw Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2010, 11:55 AM

You can get a copy of your case if you go to the Bankruptcy Court where your case is filed. There may be a fee. In addition, there is a way to access your records electronically, but again there would be a fee: here is where you would go to sign up: https://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/cgi...court_id=00pcl

As for fecajohnson, you can refile a chapter 7 case every 8 years. I would check to make sure the last case was filed more than 8 years ago and then you would be free to proceed, assuming you can meet other requirements.
    sha_angelico Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 09:19 AM
    I've come to this question because I'm also looking for my bankruptcy records. I contacted the clerk of court where it occurred (probably the best place to look, even if it's not free). I am not able to get my ch 7 records online, but this was North Carolina. It might be different in different states, but you'll have to contact them to find out.
    jakedraper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 11:23 AM

sha_angelico, your records are not online or at the courts because it's archived. They actually, take your case out of the database and send the hard copies to the federal records center or national archives. There are a few locations throughout the US. And yours is probably archived in the Georgia facility. Must bankruptcy retrieval services can research and retrieve them. However, since pulling archived records are very expensive (government ain't cheap!), it does cost extra money for research and retrieve. Order archived bankruptcy court records from all U.S. States. Have a great day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble after Bankruptcy discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, Any information or help would be much appreciated in this situation. My husband filed for Chapter 13 five years ago and was recently discharged in the last 2 months. We received a letter stating that unsecured debt would now be reactivated. My husband has a school loan that we knew...

They can't find probation record [ 2 Answers ]

Been off probation for 23 years and califorina probation can't find any records and my old case number was given to a felon in 1992... they act like they don't know what to do at the probation department... so if there is no record what the hell do I do... I need something I'm trying to clear my...

Trying to find Birth Record of Father in France and Death Certificates of Grandparent [ 2 Answers ]

My father was born in Marseilles, France in 1911. He came to America in the 1930's. He received word his father, mother, sister and brother were killed During a bombing in World War II. They lived in Alsace Lorraine. My father Tried for two years to find any information on their deaths, but...

View more questions Search