Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Veronicalynn464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 11:43 AM
    Eviction laws South Carolina?
    How many day notice does a wife have to give to her husband before evicting him in South Carolina?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 12:04 PM
    If he is part owner... you can't...

We need more information in this case
    Veronicalynn464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Eviction laws South Carolina?
    How many day notice does a wife have to give to her husband before evicting him in South Carolina? He does not own the property or any property or pay any bills for the property . In SC you have to live separate and apart for 1 year before being able to get a divorce. How can you get a divorce if he won't leave the property. Eviction is the only solution.There are no children no marital property nothing to stay tied together.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 01:12 PM
    I'm reading that you cannot evict your spouse, no matter WHO owns the property.

You file for a separation, get the details worked out, file the separation, live apart, get divorced. Him moving out is part of the separation agreement. I've seen people forced to live together for a fairly lengthy period while the details are being taken care of.

Getting the divorce is only somewhat connected to where he lives and where you live.

Do you have an Attorney?

Of course, you can always try to file eviction papers and see what he does.

These are the conditions under which you can evict in SC:

"A landlord may bring an action of ejectment against a tenant in these situations:

When a tenant fails or refuses to pay rent when it is due.

When the term of the tenancy or occupancy has ended.

When the terms or conditions of the rental agreement have been violated."

Here is what you do: South Carolina Evictions
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2012, 01:14 PM
    You can't evict a spouse.
    You either leave for a year and get a no fault divorce, or get a fault divorce and stay where you are:

Fault:
    (1) adultery; (2) desertion for a period of one year; (3) physical cruelty; (4) habitual drunkenness; provided, that this ground shall be construed to include habitual drunkenness caused by the use of any narcotic drug. (Code of Laws for South Carolina - Chapter 3; Sections 20-3-10)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A little confused about South Carolina eviction laws [ 7 Answers ]

Can a landlord evict you with a 3 day hand written notice in the state of South Carolina ? I have not been able to find specific laws concerning South Carolina eviction laws. This is a month to month rental, no kind of written agreement at all.

South Carolina eviction? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and her "fiance" and their child moved back from Texas to our house in SCV it was supposed to be temporary. He makes no effort to find a job, but instead is going with the help of some friends to every possibl;e welfare organisation to get free money or services. I told them to gho and...

South carolina eviction laws? [ 1 Answers ]

My son rents a house from his uncle with no lease, just month to month. His girlfriend moved in & now has been caught cheating so he wants her out now. Can his uncle just tell her to leave or does he need an eviction notice? This is South Carolina.

Laws in South Carolina eviction notice [ 1 Answers ]

My son is loving here but is very abusive he has hurt me before he does not pay rent or work the only reason I let him stay here is because he was in jail and reahab I tried to help but I am now again scared he may hurt me he is also on probasion ?do I have to pay to file and how long before he...

View more questions Search