Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jmw09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Had sex 3 days before my period could I be pregnant
    I had unprotected sex 3days before I came on my period I bleed and I spotted my period days change every month but now after this period I feel.sick to my stomach a lot,I want it I fart a lot and I sleep a lot... could I be pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:07 AM
    You can get pregnant having unprotected sex even DURING your Period...

So yeah... you might be... you will have to take a prenancy test to find out for sure. Until then all anyone is doing is guessing.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:12 AM
    It is not likely that you are pregnant, but there are no guarantees. Your ovulation probably finished long before you had sex, but there is a small chance that the egg could live that long.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    small chance that the egg could live that long.
    The egg only lives for 26-36 hours at best. However, sperm can live in the vagina/uterus/fallopian tubes for up to 3-5 days. While there is a slim chance as Rick has said, there is still a possibility as ovulation can change from month to month in some women.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Jmw09, count the advice from J_9 as the best advice as she is a Nurse.

To avoid pregnancy, either abstain from sex or use a reliable contraceptive.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Second that... plus add the point I was hinting at... unless you know your actual ovulation cycle (which is a tedious task to do and few people know)... you won't know when it occurs for certain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex 7 days before period was due and still got period? Pregnant or not? [ 13 Answers ]

Okay so me and my boyfriend had sex for the second time, it was 7 days before my period was due, condom split but he pulled out as soon as it did because he felt it split.. I was worried about it all week and then exactly 7 days after I got my normal period an it lasted the normal amount of time as...

Could I be pregnant, 44 days late on period sex 2 days after last period [ 2 Answers ]

Last period was 14-19 August, I had sex 2 days after it on 21st then again on 10th 22nd and 24th of September, I've not had my period since it has been 39 days and still no period, I was sick 24th September while brushing my teeth in morning, my nipples are a little darker than usual but not soar,...

View more questions Search