Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RogerThat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
    York Furnace: Only one of four burners light
    York (Model: P4HUA1ZN06401B) vertical natural gas furnace. Observed that the burner on right, by the glowing starter, starts properly but the other three burners do not light and since the thermocouple on the left does not start, the gas is stopped in about 5 tyo 10 seconds. I cleaned all four nozzels and it did not help. I find that if I blew slightly into the combustion chamber when it was attempting to start and the other three burners started and continued to burn until the thermostat was satisfied. Note: The combustion blower fan is operational.
    KevinMI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 03:13 PM
    If the second nozzle will not light, then neither will the third or fourth nozzle.
    You said you already cleaned the four nozzles, but you could have some hidden debris (rust flake) inside the pipe or inside the second nozzle. Or there may be a bit of moisture inside the pipe or second nozzle, and cold air could freeze just enough to plug the second nozzle. If it is slightly frozen moisture, you will not be able to see it or feel it.
    In either instance, you might consider taking the nozzles off and running a quick blast of clean & dry compressed air through the pipe, and then replacing the nozzles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

Armstrong SX 80 Furnace will not light at main burners [ 3 Answers ]

This will be our second fall/winter in this house and our Armstrong SX 80 furnace with a Honeywell smartvalve ignition system will not light. The ignition switch will come on, but no gas is being emitted so the main burners will not light. I have seen this before where the sensor is bad after the...

York diamond 80 furnace last two burners won't light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York Diamond 80 furnace. The first two burners light up but the others won't. After about 4-5 seconds the burners turn off but the fan is till running and blowing out cool air.. What do I need to do other than calling someone.. Please help.. Thanks

Burners on Gas Furnace won't light [ 0 Answers ]

All right, I'm at my wit's end and I could use some help... Last week my furnace started blowing cold air. The pilot lights fine, but the burners will not light. My ex-wife's boyfriend's friend came out and looked at it and suggested we replace the furnace, said the heat exchanger/combustion...

Furnace ignitor glows but burners doesn't light [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an older York furnace and just replace the ignitor with a Honeywell glowfly universal ignitor. At first, it glows but no ignition... after a while, the burners finally lit and the furnace seemed to work fine with the furnace going on and off. After a few hours, ignitor glows but the...

View more questions Search