Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24k Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Username and Password are not working for 192.168.0.1 site.
    Hey, I have a Dlink 604+, I am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when I enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but I would like to know where to get the username and password. (like who to call or email etc.. )
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 11, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Its not usually a capital A
    24k Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 24k
    Hey, i have a Dlink 604+, i am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when i enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but i would like to know where to get the username and password. (like who to call or email etc..)
    Yeah I have tried both, still not working. If I call my ISP will they be able to provide this information?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 02:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 24k
    Yeah i have tried both, still not working. If i call my ISP will they be able to provide this information?
    Usually they won't since you are setting up a home network that they don't support. You can reset the router to its factory settings and use the default logins-check your manual.
    lornmacumbsr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Cannot access router have wrong name and/or password I guess
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 04:46 PM

Went to Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database
    Looks like none and admin, or admin and none.
    (user name/password).
    You can reset to default user name and password, you will likely loose all programmed info, be careful. Try the above password defaults.
    I realize this is an old post.
    mandouno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 10:54 AM
    I tried every thing to log in but it just does't work , any suggestions ?
    I would like to check the routers log but first I have to log in...
    I have a wndr3700 dual band wireless-n router..
    things I tried = ip address 192.168.0.1 OK there
    = admin & password , admin & admin nothing there either

Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 03:27 PM

It should be admin and password as you mentioned, In that case, you could reset router to Default User Name and Password, You will likely loose all programming and will need to configure from scratch.
    You are getting to the Login Screen for that Router?
    mattel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
    I am having the same problem with my router. I can't seem to get anywhere on the page. Contacted D-Link and everything they suggested still doesn't work. Hope they fix the problem.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Do you get the D-Link sign on screen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Username Password when starting up computer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to remove my user name password when I log on. Nothing in the control panel & user name allows this. Any help please

Sage Username and Password [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just installed Sage Line 50 because I want to restore a backup. I created a new company and after entering all account information, I get asked for a username and password (haven't restored backup yet). Is there some default password entitled with Sage that I do not know of? Tried...

Username and password [ 10 Answers ]

Tell me someone username and password

Forgot myspace password and username [ 4 Answers ]

A while ago I made a myspace and immediately forgot both the password and username. I made another myspace and did the same thing, only with the second one I remember the word I used for either the password or username (I can't remember exactly what I used the word for, but I'm sure it was for the...

Losing internet username and password [ 2 Answers ]

Running Windows XP. If I reboot or shutdown, my dial up connection loses my username and password and I have to type it in manually. It will keep info for the duration that the computer is on. Have no clue as to what the problem is! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search