Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clara_b79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Can I re-dye my hair again the same day?
    I have just had my hair dyed at the hairdressers and hate the colour. I also had some highlights put through it but they came out way too blonde, and now it looks like I have grey hair!!

I have got a do it yourself dye (the colour I normally use every other time), is it a problem to use this straight away on my hair to fix it? The ends of my hair have just been done with a semi permanent and the roots were done with a permanent.

I have got my wedding next week, and really can't stand my hair!!

Help!!

Thanks...
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 24, 2007, 01:32 AM
    Is it really that bad?
    It's not good for your hair to re-dye it straight away, I think you should remove the dye but give your hair a few weeks before you dye it again. Go to another hairdresser's and ask them their opinion; they might say they can re-dye it no problem, but dye is rather harsh on hair and you risk ending up with frizz and a brassy finish if you rush it, so don't do it yourself.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 01:40 AM
    You know what I would actually ring the hair dresser and say look I'm really sorry but I think my hair looks flipping awfull what can you do, I've done this before and had them re dye it and only paid for the dye or nothing at all.
    Don't be afraid to complain to them after all you would take a item of clothing back why not your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Hair dye Help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I really need help! I died my hair on the 7th October the colour said natural darkest brown my hair origionally is dark brown but I had blonde put through it so I wnted 2 go bk to dark brown however. My hair is that thick I have to use 2 colours to cover it I washed it out 10 minutes early as I...

Removing Hair Dye from Hair... Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Readers, I really need someone's help. I had a neutral dark blonde with blonde highlights and decided it would be fun to go darker. I looked online and found the color and even used a computer generated website to put it on my face and make sure the color would look okay. I brought in...

View more questions Search