Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelllyyw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 07:06 PM
    Is bleaching your hair damaging?
    My hair is naturally blond, but I dyed it way to dark. I want it to be blonde again but I was just wondering if bleaching my hair was really damaging? Please help! Thank you
    thegurrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Bleaching hair is damaging but used correctly doesn't mean you'll be 'frying' your hair. Any lightening process is more damaging than the darkening process.

But I would add if you have recently coloured your hair dark, you will find that it will gradually lighten again. This is because some of the hair colour will wash out. I coloured my hair dark brown and as it was previously blonde it keep on turning to a light brown again (only difference is that I liked my dark hair and had to keep colouring).

Give your hair a good scrub as much as poss, and I (accidentally ) found that using shampoo made for 'enhancing blonde/highlighted' hair was good at removing some of the colour/ helping the colour fade :)

If after a month or two your still not happy I'd say go to the hairdresser and get some natural highlights / or what the hairdresser might suggest is best for you. Highlights are less damaging as it would be all over your hair.
    megannicole Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
    Yes, but after you should use a deep conditioner!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde. I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without...

Lighten hair a few shades without damaging hair [ 7 Answers ]

My hair is a dark brown, but now realised I've gone to dark.How could I lighten my hair just 2 0r 3 shades lighter without ruining it. As I have bleach underneath.:confused:

How damaging IS hair dye? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to try make this simple to read :) -im 16, -i've dyed my hair about 8 times using home dye since I was about 13 mainly dark colours -got it stripped -its naturally straight so I don't straighten it, I blow dry it a few times a week

How damaging is having your hair stripped? [ 1 Answers ]

My natural hair colour is a very dark blonde. I have been dying my hair for the past four years and have had my hair a dark red which then lightened to ginger. I have attempted to dye my hair dark brown but it turned out jet black. I used a home kit to dye my hair and it is permanent. I really want...

View more questions Search