Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tasya Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Images won't display on a website
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble seeing all the images on hi5 - Who's in?, all the profiles images won't display but everything else on the website will including other images. I had norton anti-virus, which I uninstalled just because I thought it was one of the reasons, I have done several things but without any success, I still cannot see those darn pictures!! Help me!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
    I am assuming you are using IE 6. To narrow down the problem I suggest you download Firefox and give it a try. Lets se if it will show the pictures. Since some pictures are displayed and other are not I am thinking either activex or security settings. Give Firefox a try and report back.

Feb 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Well I've already tried both Firefox and netscape and I have the same issues, the same photos won't load on hi5.com and I have IE7.

Feb 23, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Oh and I forgot, the message that I see on a click on the pictures that won't load is: "javascript void" does it mean that the problem is with javat??

Feb 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Can you take a screenshot with the Javascript error and post it. I tried to recreate the problem and it in all Settings it was either no image was displayed or all. If you could use Firefox that would be great I deinstalled my IE7 because of buggyness. By the way is hi5.com the only website which causes problems or are there others as well?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Do you have Sun Java client installed? Java is no longer installed with MS products, so it needs to be installed separately.

I don't use IE7 but there may be a feature for blocking pictures that may be enabled by default. Check for that.

Feb 23, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Hey Havac888 I tried the following in different combinations. Turning off Java, Java Script, ActiveX, and the show images. And I could'nt reproduce the problem, it either shows all pictures or none at all. What keeps me questioning that this is a Browser issue, is that it doesn't show the profile pictures but the Google pic on top for example and that all browsers show the same symptoms and they should be system configuration independent. I read that Norton Inet sequrity can cause problems (it has somehow problems with some script tags) but have you ever heard off a problem like this depending on service provider? I've seen another thread (curiously he also used IE7) which blamed the Internet Service Provider, any thoughts?

Oh and almost forgot what do you think about a jpeg compression issue? All profile pictures are Jpeg while Google logo and hi5 logo are gif format. I know that for example Photoshop 7 used to cause problems with their jpeg format it couldn't be displayed in Browsers. It is likely to assume that the hi5 website will manipulate the pics to size and resolution. tasya what Service Pack do you have installed? There was a GDI+ Patch for jpeg before SP2.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 23, 2007, 07:55 PM
    I can't reproduce the problem either.

As for an ISP problem? Never heard of that, although with the way ISPs shape and block and limit certain traffic patterns, I wouldn't be surprised.

If Norton security had anything to do with, I'm sure glad I stopped using their products quite a while back. Norton takes too much of your resources, and places so many hooks into Windows, you pretty much have to reformat and reinstall XP just to uninstall. :rolleyes:

As for jpeg compression errors, I googled the photoshop issue, and it seems a very good possibility too.

Looks like we need the OP to reply if he tried other browsers.

Feb 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Well yes hi5 is the only website causing this problem and I have already tried Firefox and I got the same thing: the same images won't load, I even reset the settings in IE7 but still, nothing changed.

Feb 23, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC888
    Do you have Sun Java client installed? Java is no longer installed with MS products, so it needs to be installed separately.

I don;t use IE7 but there may be a feature for blocking pictures that may be enabled by default. Check for that.
    Yes I've installed sun java twice!

Feb 23, 2007, 09:19 PM
    \. tasya what Service Pack do you have installed? There was a GDI+ Patch for jpeg before SP2.[/QUOTE] I have windows SP2 and the funny thing is I used to be able to see all the pictures on hi5, then I installed norton anti-virus so I thought it was the problem and so I uninstalled it but nothing changed!
    web506 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 06:20 AM

Seems like it is something stored in your computer profile, if you create a new profile and load the site in Firefox, then you should be OK. It happened to me after saving many pictures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see images on some websites [ 4 Answers ]

I get a cross instead of a picture or banner on some sites. Can anybody please advise. Thanks. Jim.

I can read but not see The Images, Please Help if you can! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Visiting the following site http://www.perezhilton.com/ I can read the paragraphs but could not see any pictures. So if sombody could please advise if I have to download additional software or plug-ins or simply adjust my browser 'Explorer'. I know that if there is a little box...

Yahoo Images [ 12 Answers ]

I have Yahoo set as my homepage and recently there are images that have not been loading when I go to Yahoo. For example, the Yahoo! Logo at the top of the page does not load. Other images on the page load, but some don't. When I right click on the images that do not load, there is an option to...

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search