Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveandhate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 12:33 AM
    Tears during sex
    I am a 20 year old woman. My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time tonight, and I had to stop him because I started to cry. The problem is, I can't tell if I was crying because it hurt or if I was scared.
    I was date raped one year ago, and I haven't had or even gotten close to sex with anyone since then. I have a very high level of trust for my boyfriend and I feel very very comfortable around him. I am afraid that maybe I cried because of what happened to me last year.
    I also could not tell if I was feeling pleasured, or pain. Granted, it's been a while since my lady parts have been stimulated (with my consent), so it could have just hurt, right? It felt good, yet kind of painful at the same time.
    Also, this was the first time I had EVER had sex with a condom. Before, I was on the pill and never used protection. However, I am not on the pill anymore and I really don't want a baby right now! Could the condom have something to do with it?
    Maybe I am being over freaked out about this, but it made me so freaked out when I realized I had tears rolling down my cheeks. He too was very concerned, and kept asking me what was wrong... but I didn't know what to tell him.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Obviously, there probably isn't a right answer, but any suggestions or personal experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Dec 18, 2011, 03:39 AM
    In all honesty, I am an occasional 'cry-er'. I believe I do so as the levels of passion and love with my partner are just so intense that my emotions get more involved that I'd have previously liked them to. But after the first time (Which was also the FIRST time we made love), I sat my partner down and explained to him how I felt. He now takes it as a compliment when I do.

And this may be the case with you. Are you close to your partner? Next time you feel it starting, try to work out whether it hurts. If it doesn't, assume this as an option. And just to add, are you seeing a therapist about your bad experience..

X Dani
    loveandhate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 09:12 AM
    Thank you for the answer! I am close with my boyfriend. We are practically best friends. I guess that passion and hormones and such could definitely be a cause of the tears.
    I was see a therapist for a while, but after work began to get busy I kind of stopped. Perhaps I should resume my sessions with her.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Dec 18, 2011, 09:18 AM
    I'd definitely continue if you still feel affected, but good luck in the future! :)

X Dani

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning tears [ 0 Answers ]

OK, I thought about putting this in vision, but it doesn't actually effect my vision, just my eyes. My vision is just as crappy as ever ^_^ every time I cry, or even just when my eyes water, it burns. Like getting vinegar or lemon juice in my eyes (there are stories associated with both...

How to stop my tears? [ 14 Answers ]

I really need to know why can't I be healed? It has been long time since he told me things between us is over and I experienced every step in the grief but still can't have normal life Why after I feel like I overed him the pain come back and it is back more powerful and I miss him like hill......

Trail of Tears [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, New to this but I think that I might get some help from this. Long story but I met my wife about 10 years ago and got married about 3 years ag after a long time apart. I was in the Marines and she was at a great career. She agreed to marry me an told me that she would be an expensive...

Trail of Tears [ 1 Answers ]

I have just finished ready "Thirteen Moons" and got interested in the Trail of Tears, (Cherokee removal program). I wanted to read more about it. I think Amazon has over 6000 titles of that subject. Can any recommend a definitive book about the Trail of Tears? Non-fiction would be preferred....

Tears [ 14 Answers ]

:mad: I found this on a web sight... I wish I could save all the tears you made me cry... So I could Drown you in them... :mad: I know that's evil but today is how I'm feeling about him today. I guessthis is part of the healing... getting angry. Thanks to you all for helping me see the light...

View more questions Search