Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isaacovation5 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Will I pass an EtG test after 60 hours?
    Is the 80 hour detection of alcohol through an EtG test just the worst case senerio?
    If I, a 24 year old male, 130 lbs. drank 6 beers, would I be able to pass an EtG test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2011, 05:36 PM
    80 hours and above is unusual. See summary by Wojcik & Hawthorne.

Over what period did you consume the 6 beers and the time of last drink. Looking for time span from last drink to test.

If you know the cutoff for the test it would be helpful.
    isaacovation5 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 05:43 PM
    DrBill,
    Thank you for your quick response.

The beers were consumed in a 2 hour time span.
    I am not knowledgeable of the cutoff levels, and do not know which one is being used in this situation.
    So what would be the worst cutoff?
    And would it be passable in 60 hours?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacovation5 View Post
    DrBill,
    Thank you for your quick response.

The beers were consumed in a 2 hour time span.
    I am not knowledgeable of the cutoff levels, and do not know which one is being used in this situation.
    So what would be the worst cutoff?
    And would it be passable in 60 hours?
    At your weight and short period of consumption you would have a BAC at time of last drink in the vicinity of .12-.14. That could require 12 hours for elimination of alcohol, during which time you are creating EtG, and leaving only 48 hours for EtG excretion.

That could be enough time but it's close. Beginning with that BAC I would estimate closer to 60 hours to be safe. But those figures are widely variant.

The lowest cutoff is 100 ng/mL but more are switching to 500.

The higher the cutoff the better the chance of passing.
    lemmiwinx Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Dec 18, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Isaacovation,

DrBill pretty well summed up the answer; a couple factors that play into the equation as well are incidental exposure (mouthwash, hand sanitizer, certain foods, etc) and amount consumed. It.might help if u avoided those things in the meantime. Best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass EtG test after 59 hours? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 6ft 3in 230 lbs I been drinking water for the last 3 hours my test is tomorrow by 11am... I drank last on Monday at 3am I have also been taking creatine and a detox pill I plan waking up early and running and sweatting allot will this be enough to pass

Can I pass an EtG test after 60 hours from my last drink. [ 22 Answers ]

I drank a 16oz can of bud-light then a 8oz can sparks on Friday night from 10pm-12:30am (Saturday morning) I had to take the test Monday at 2pm. I am 25 year old male 120 pounds. I am in great shape and have a high metabolism. I worked all weekend, drank a bunch of red-bull and ran 5miles Saturday...

Will I pass my ETG test after roughly 72 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

I am on PC-1000 diversion program, I drank 3 beers about 72 hours before my test, I'm not sure if pc-1000 uses an EtG test or not, but they do test for acohol so I'm assuming they do. Will I pass? I'm 5'10" 145 pounds, decent metabolism.

Will I pass an ETG test after 71 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 6ft 150lbs and I drank 6 beers from 11am until 6pm on Saturday. I have an ETG on Tuesday at 6pm. Will I pass the test?

Will I pass EtG test after 62 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

Saturday I drank about 12 beers, stopping at approx. 2:00 am. Im a healthy 125 lb female with a fast metabolism. I am taking an EtG test Tuesday at about 4:45 pm. Do you think I will pass? (That would be about 62 hours after consuption.)

View more questions Search