Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnfoulk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 09:07 AM
    How do I get back my children from my parents ?
    I am a single parent who visited my parents for the holidays, looked for work in there area but found no work, so I decided to move back to my home state, I was verry poor and went to my parents for help, what I got was verry intrusive abusive and controlling parents , there goal was to have me and my 3 boys live closer to them, and nothing or any concern for me the boys only parent to be able to work and care for them,with no child support from there bio mom life was hard, going back home was the best decision, since leaving I bought a plumbing company, I am a licensed plumber, I bought a new home, life has inproved just as I predicted, where the problem lies is in what my bio parents did when I was still in the state, they went to court got emergency custody knowing I was not available because I was busy looking for work,lied a million lies , got temp custody threw out the older son who lives with me in our new home, and have taken advantage of my inability to travel back 1800 miles away and hire an atty and get my boys back, they hang up when I call , they throw away toys I buy for my boys, is there help out there?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 01:52 PM
    This has been moved to its own thread. Please watch the dates. Your situation is unique. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Were you served a summons about the emergency hearing? Did you respond at all to the court?

If you can't go to court to apply to overturn the emergency order then you will have to hire an attorney to represent you.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Emergency orders are issued in many circumstances but that one/ I am sure/ was for children abandonment.
    The court must conduct a full hearing before it may issue an emergency order. All parties must be given notice and an opportunity to be heard. However, the court may issue an interim temporary order to protect the child before the hearing.

In my point of view your parents got only interim temporary order . The court with emergency authority specifies a time that the temporary order is in effect. During this time, the party with temporary custody can seek a permanent child custody order from the original court. The emergency order remains in effect until the original court enters a custody order or until the specified time expires.

The emergency court may only enter a temporary order to protect a child. It may not enter an order that has an impact on permanent child custody.

You cannot appeal a temporary custody order. You need file a motion to vacate the emergency temporary custody order with the same court that issued it. The only court that has authority to vacate an order is the one that issued it.

You will have to show the judge that the reason/condition for the temporary custody order is no longer in existence, and therefore, should be vacated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Just to expand on what GV is saying, you NEED to get a copy of the order. You do not need an attorney to do this, just contact the court clerk.

It would help us help you to know the timeline here and what states are involved.

Once you know exactly what the order says, you can know how to proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children "Divorcing" their parents [ 2 Answers ]

Can a child petition the court to have visitation with a non custodial parent terminated in the state of Nevada? The boy lives with his father and wants to have his mother's visitation stopped or drastically reduced because of her drug use and living conditions.

Why do parents hate their children? [ 18 Answers ]

Why do mothers hate their children?

Parents with four children in the same bedroom [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a little boy that will be 5 this January. He lives primarily with his mother and her boyfriend. His mother, her boyfriend, their two younger sons and a new baby daughter all sleep in the same bedroom. Sometimes his mother sleeps downstairs, so that leaves the boyfriend in their...

Children verses the law with their parents? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I legally not live with my mom. I am 16 years old?

View more questions Search