Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micalasmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 01:22 AM
    I had unprotected sex five days ago now my stomach is tightening can I be pregnant
    I had unprotected sex five days ago now my stomach is tightening can I be pregnant
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2011, 01:24 AM
    Possibly, but way to early to tell..
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2011, 03:46 AM
    Even if you did conceive 5 days ago when you had sex, you would not feel any different at this point whether you are pregnant. I would wait a week or so and get a good quality OTC pregnancy test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ollymo View Post
    Even if you did conceive 5 days ago when you had sex, you would not feel any different at this point whether or not you are pregnant. I would wait a week or so and get a good quality OTC pregnancy test.
    This first is totally wrong, a home test will not work till you have missed your next period.

But yes you could be, sex causes pregnancy, and even with birth control, none is 100 percent. With no protection there is always a good chance of pregnancy.
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Micalasmom,
    I apologize if I responded with an incorrect answer, and I was slapped on the wrist. However, my daughter-in-law took a home pregnancy test 7 days after intercourse and it was positive and she was pregnant. However, apparently this is not the norm, so disregard the advice I gave you. Ollymo
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Micalasmom,
    I apologize if I responded with an incorrect answer, and I was slapped on the wrist. However, my daughter-in-law took a home pregnancy test 7 days after intercourse and it was positive and she was pregnant. However, apparently this is not the norm, so disregard the advice I gave you. Ollymo
    Your daughter in law was probably further along than she thought she was because there is not enough HCG produced within 7 days after actual intercourse to produce a positive HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by micalasmom View Post
    i had unprotected sex five days ago now my stomach is tightening can i be pregnant
    It's possible, but you would not be experiencing symptoms this early. You see it takes the sperm 3-5 days to travel through the vaginal canal to the uterus up into the fallopian tube where it is fertilized. Then it takes another 3-5 days for the fertilized egg to travel back down into the uterus and complete implantation.

Unfortunately you are playing the waiting game and will have to wait to see if your period comes. If it does not, take a HPT using first morning urine and be sure to follow the directions closely.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 07:06 AM
    Micalasmom,
    It is just not possible, she would have been pregnant from a prior sexual intercourse and it just happened to be 7 days after the last one.
    MissJ17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 02:21 AM
    I'm experiencing the same plus backache and headache and yes I had unprotected sex but I felt it just hours later after having unprotected sex
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 27, 2012, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJ17 View Post
    I'm experiencing the same plus backache and headache and yes I had unprotected sex but I felt it just hours later after having unprotected sex
    NOT possible to be pregnancy symptoms.
    diana a tobin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 11:19 PM
    I had unprotected sex 3 days ago and I don't know if I'm paranoid or could I be pregnant.. I feel more tired than usual and my abdominal is feeling a little crampy.. does anyone know what's going on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding after a week off my period, but just had unprotected sex 2 days ago [ 2 Answers ]

But just had unprotected sex 2 days ago. What could that mean

I had unprotected sex 3 days ago and woke up with lower abdoninal pain [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex 3 days ago and woke up with lower abdoninal pain but its not really pain its just uncomfortable and I'm feeling sick. Am I pregnant?

I had unprotected sex 5 days ago, I have been getting cramps, sore breats, pregnant? [ 11 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex 5 days ago, I have been getting cramps, sore breasts, tiredness and also a little bit of discharge, could I be pregnant?

View more questions Search